Do You EVER Think These World Events Could Be Prophecies Being Fulfilled?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Jesus said, you do not know the day nor the hour.With that in mind I am not worried.He was talking about Rome not today's time period.The bible has nothing to do with today.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That people think world events are an indication of doomsday is a sad reminder of how ignorant and superstitious humans still are. Human nature is to not see beyond their own life. The natural disasters are constantly proven to be no worse than in the past, and in most regards the medicine and equipement now available means the suffering of individuals is far less.

All I see is progress. The United States, my country, immdiately sent out TWO aircraft carriers to aid Japan. That's a lot of money to just blow while in the midst of a financial crisis. And guess what? Does any American question the spending? No, it's to be expected in this day in age.

Simply remarkable behaviour. It gives me hope for us yet!

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

VampireDCLXV - "There is no "fate" per-se."

Let me rephrase; "there is no fate but what we make..."

I'll be back.

• minimus
    minimus

The natural disasters have been happening forever. BUT the complications have not such as nuclear threats in Japan.

• tec
    tec

Do I ever think world events could be prophecies being fulfilled? Yes.

Do I ever think THESE world events could be prophecies being fulfilled? Don't know.

I wouldn't run back to the WT though, or any other religion. Anyone can read the exact same words in the bible and conclude that some things sound prophetic and that these may match up with events being recorded today. Or tomorrow. Or a thousand years from now. I'm sure they thought it was the end during the black plague, or the cold war; now during the earthquakes and natural disasters. Not that the natural disasters are different than before, but more people are affected by them - as there are more people, some live in areas that are not stable, and we are more in tune with the rest of the world than ever before.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Events like these tend to make me question the way things are going, yes, but not to the extent to see them as prophecies being fulfilled.

Could they be? Anything is possible.

Do I think they are?

No.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Make ambiguous "prophecy".

"Guys, at some point, some time in the future - now, I'm not going to give a specific date, I'm just saying SOMEDAY - some bad things will happen. This will be the sign that more bad things are about to happen."

When quacks today pull that nonsense, we rightly call them on it. Yo, either give us a date and something specific or piss off.

But for some reason we can't apply this same critical lens to Biblical "prophecy". Shams by Charlatans. A bunch of morons who had no idea what they were talking about, and never got a damn thing right anyhow. And now more charlatans use their revered words to profit off of people's fear.

• superpunk
    superpunk

The natural disasters have been happening forever. BUT the complications have not such as nuclear threats in Japan.

We didn't have automobile crashes in the first century, either.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Our Circuit overseer thinks people will return to the WT because of what is happening........

• tec
    tec
    Our Circuit overseer thinks people will return to the WT because of what is happening........

Perhaps. But doesn't that go against another of their teachings: that there will be no mass returning of the people to God?

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit