Do You EVER Think These World Events Could Be Prophecies Being Fulfilled?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

either from the Bible, Nostradamas or by some other seer?

• Este
    Este

either from the Bible, Nostradamas or by some other seer?

Howdy m&m guy I know, I know some dot on 7up or something like that.......why of course they are prophecies being fulfilled.

Estephan

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I predict OBVES will show up on this thread with a bunch of numbers.

• chickpea
    chickpea

no

>>>> lol @ keyser

• agonus
    agonus

Sure. I think most of us still wonder, at least in the back of our minds, if it could be so.

The problem is, even if it IS so... well, then what? Go crawling back to the WT? Throw yourself at the mercy of God and Christ? Ignore it? Accept it?

I may not have the answers, but my ability to accept this, I believe, has given me the ability to identify others who also do not have the answers. I know that the answers I've been given by Brooklyn/Warwick/Wallkill/whatever no longer work, at least in my case.

Jesus' advice to take life one day at a time is working for me at an acceptable level, at least for the time being. When that no longer works I suppose I'll try to find something else.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I personally believe that prophecies are merely warnings of what could happen if a negative course of action isn't reversed. Just because something was predicted doesn't mean that it MUST happen. The future is NOT carved in stone. There is no "fate" per-se. God is not micro-managing the universe...

V665V665

• cofty
    cofty

I can honestly say that I no longer think about it even for a second.

The only prophesy being fulfilled is "shit happens"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No..

Disasters come and go..

Some people fall in love with everyone of them,like a Drunk at a Stripper Bar..

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2006/12/Drunk-Main.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I don't accept the Watchtower's views of anything though!

• sinis
    sinis

What is happening is cyclical in nature. The Bible, taking the spiritual context out of it, is saying the exact things as the Sumerian, Mayan, Indus valley, Egyptian, etc. techs on a "Great Destroyer" that comes around every so often. It's like clock work, and all the writers of the gospels were saying, more than likely from borrowed works, was not meant to be that "God" would come to clean things up, but some celestial event that rolls around every so often will return. All Jesus, or whomever the writers borrowed from was indicating is that it would be a celestial event and that it could be calculated the steps within this event before termination - war, food shortage, etc. as man had recorded verbally/written what had happened before, and could with certainty describe the sequence of events when it rolled around again. What is going to happen is outside of mans control!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit