Floral dresses on women and cheap suits and conservative 'do's on old men

by White Dove 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

The JW's say that they recognized another JW they didn't know because there was just something about them, something special.

Working at Taco Bell has allowed me to see just what that "special" is.

I was noticing their clothes and how people don't dress like that anymore.

Few women wear floral ankle length dresses/skirts to work anymore. They wear black slacks and blouses, mostly.

No old men at all wear cheap suits in public. There is just no reason for them to.

Churchy old men wear the suits on Sundays, but no other time.

These old retirees are wearing cheap suits during the week and on Saturdays.

Also, on the kids during school breaks during the week, the JW's don't dress age appropriate or place appropriate.

No normal kid dresses up in suit and tie and floral dresses during those times.

On Sunday, the boys in suits are a dead giveaway that they are JW's. Church boys typically wear pollo shirts as do their dads.

It's a dead giveaway, that "specialness" about them.

Now that I'm on the outside of khall, I'm noticing things I never noticed before.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, they stand out but not in the special way they think they do.

• White Dove
    White Dove

And about people's actions telling a JW that they are a JW: No swearing, really nice, and all that.

Not everyone swears, though, and there are really nice people out there who aren't JW's.

So, what I have observed is that it's what they DON'T DO that makes people take notice.

They decline and say oh you don't have to do that when I say I'm making a Christmas gift for the person.

They say not to decorate something for a holiday.

They don't do the normal holiday greetings and they reply with a thank you.

See, like you said Josie, it's not the special they think it is that identifies them to people.

It's their lack of fitting in and the way they don't fit in that identifies them.

And they feel oh so special and proud of it!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

The ladies rarely show cleavage...

V665V665

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes! That's another difference I noticed. It's almost as if they are wearing burkas without the head covering.

But wait! That's next! Napkins please!

Old ladies in those floral skirts are an absolute 100% guarantee they are JW's.

Normally, old ladies wear matching sweatshirt/pant sets ordered from catalogues and tennyshoes.

They'll also wear shorts and t-shirts here.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Most women don't show cleavage. I work with the public. At least not around here anyway.

It's a dead giveaway, that "specialness" about them.
    Now that I'm on the outside of khall, I'm noticing things I never noticed before.

One Sunday a bunch of odd looking, big boned women and teenagers and girls came into where I work. They looked related to each other. The boys were in dress shirts and ties and the girls and women in dresses and skirts, etc. I could tell by their faces they were JW's. I asked where they had been all dressed up. The mother said, "Why, the Kingdom Hall." I said, "I thought so, I could tell you were Jehovah's Witnesses." She did an aback, looking embarrassed and surprised. Then she regained her composure and looked back at the others, "Did you hear that, she said we LOOK like Jehovah's Witnesses and we take that as a C O M P L I M E N T T T T T T T, don't we??" I wanted to roll my eyes.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WHITE DOVE: It was very hard to be a witness and find clothing that was 'modest' and stylish. I work in an office and have to look good, so I had a bigger problem than those there who maybe did housecleaning. Also, those atrocious floral prints can make you look fatter. As far as brothers in cheap suits: that's a thing of the past especially if the elders dress well. Maybe you'll see an occasional old-timer in a bad suit, but most of the younger guys yielded to peer pressure and look decent. I got rid of all my real long stuff and my wardrobe is more stylish. None of those long shapeless jumpers with a turtleneck underneath. This was one step removed from a burka as far as I was concerned!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I didn't do the floral prints. I'd say that the women in Texas and around Atlanta, even LA and Chicago dressed tastefully.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We should do a new Post a pic of you as a JW thread. I did one years ago.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I work in an office enviroment, and the difference between women I work with, and sisters at the conventions or meetings is very telling. Its one of the things that I find more attractive in worldly gals. They're so much more sophisticated and elegant. Not to mention confident, and dynamic which is a huge turn-on for me. Occasionally I come across JW women just as sophisticated, but the key word there is......occasionally.

Another thing is women look good in pant suits. Very fashionable. It's retarded that JW women are viewed negatively for wearing slacks in field service or at meetings. Right now I'm thinking about a handful of older sisters in my congregation, and they wear dresses that look like dish rags, or table cloths. I'm tempted to go, "hey sister, don't you go anywhere! It's our turn to clean tonight, and I could sure use your blouse to dust! Also, if you don't mind, we have to feed the speaker this Sunday. It'd be a privilege to use your floral skirt for a table cloth!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit