Floral dresses on women and cheap suits and conservative 'do's on old men

by White Dove 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You'll have to PM me about that, Miz...

Awwww shucks.......this is as bad as being in high school, and your homie goes, "I can get her number for you"..........

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Awwww shucks.......this is as bad as being in high school, and your homie goes, "I can get her number for you".........

You know da game 'den...

V665V665

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You know da game 'den...

Yeah, I know the game. Its better that I don't play it though. Besides I don't need an agent. If I want something, I'll get it myself. Still I have to admit the idea of a sweater dress with leggings is quite intriguing. I was at Barnes and Nobels, and those bastards by the way still don't have my book which I ordered two weeks ago. I ordered HL Mencken's Treatise On the Gods, and I'm dying to get into it. Anyways, this girl working there, had this sweater on, and it exposes one of her shoulders. It had a strap that crossed from between her shoulder and neck to the collar. So her whole shoulder was exposed. She had some jeans on, and some brown riding boots on. Dang, she looked good and then some. I'm happy women are wearing feminine boots again, because those Ugg things were terrible. Not hot at all. I imagine they're comfy, but hideous. I'm like, "woman, you're not in the Himalayas! Put something with a heel on!"

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ugg boots were an Australian creation, and not meant to be worn as a fashion statement. They were meant to be worn at home during winter to keep ur feet warm.

Trust the Americans to turn them into something they're not, LOL....

• penny2
    penny2

I love my ugg boots but I'd never wear them outside the house.

• nugget
    nugget

It is nice to be able to wear clothes that actually suit me rather than the kingdom hall uniform. I had a bad back for years due to statins and it was so difficult to put on the panthose/tights for meetings and as trousers for ladies weren't allowed there was no getting away with it. I do not look good in a skirt and hated wearing them so I am so pleased to be free of the madness.

Yes it isn't the air of love that makes them stand out more the discomfort and awkwardness in public and the dress code which turns boys into mini mes.

I wouldn't say that in all cases the clothes lack style, this may be true for some but young sisters hunting for brothers are very stylish. It is the fact that they are overdressed for a casual setting that makes them easy to spot. Certainly going into macdonalds or Taco Bell in dress suit and assembly clothes looks very bizzare,

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Personally as a man, I hate sweaters, particularly turtle knecks.

On the right man or woman, turtle neck shirts can be the sexiest thing someone could wear.

• wobble
    wobble

Haven't read the whole thread, but I had this argument years ago with an Elder, that we looked SO different , people knew who we were as we walked toward their door, hence the huge number of Not Homes.

He said he thought it was right that we looked "like christians" (WT thinking), so I said, but Christ didn't stand out, on one occasion He just melted in to the crowd," you couldn't do that, in your suit." He said we must agree to differ.

The other day I took my sister, long time pioneer, somewhere , and people were looking at her 'coz her typical Pio. clothes were just so out of synch, (I don't think they were ever in fashion actually), but she looked weird , even to me. What is it with them ?

When I was active, I never wore a suit on F.S, didn't carry a bag as such, had a"man-bag" slung round the back and looked pretty normal, hence people opened their doors.

Maybe today's Dubs are just scared someone may talk to them , and ask them what it's all about, and the could not answer, so they dress weirdly so the doors remain shut. ?

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's just not fashionable to wear so much fabric. It looked nice in the '80's when everyone did it.

Now, it just looks behind the times, not even retro.

It looks F R U M P Y.

Hahaha Hitler's comments are funny :)

Yes, I agree that a sweater dress with leggings and boots with a small heel is a very sexy outfit.

Hope I can pull it off. Think I can.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh boo hoo...boo hoo...Hitler doesn't like me. He didn't PM me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit