My brother is now being trained as a Circut Overseer.

by Voices 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is hard when you are not in and your family are. I would get upset when I see family photos of them all on holidays having a good time together without me. Now I keep away and try not to know what is going on. Rather, I count myself lucky, as I have many great things that happen in my life.

Rather than comparing yourself to others in your family, concentrate on what you enjoy and are good at. Everyone has strong points. Maybe you never let yourself come to learn what you like and what your skills are. You do not need to look to your parents and siblings for validation, you have your friends and yourself.

You suffer from guilt, the chief tool religions use in manipulation, because of your childhood indoctrination. This is pointless. Get rid of words like sin. Sometimes you make mistakes, so what, everyone does.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

In freeing yourself from the cult and seeking therapy, you're well on your way to self actualization and awareness. As co, your brother will be required to do things that will break his heart if he has one. Just think of the damage that will be done to his psyche as he instructs faithful lemmings to ban blood transfusions and cover up child molestation and domestic violence. Be sad for him. I know I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit