My brother is now being trained as a Circut Overseer.

by Voices 31 Replies latest jw friends

• superpunk
    superpunk

and he gets them for free!

I'm sure you know better than that.

Whatever he's getting from it, it ain't free, and more importantly - it ain't real.

• Voices
    Voices

"it ain't real."

A lot of times , i've seen that people become what they think they are. Not always (dementia isn't correct) ....confidence thinking, even false turns into positiveness. and i just cant seem to get it

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Embrace your freedom from cult oppression and mind control and stop seeking approval from others. Do what you know to be right and be proud of that. That's all anyone can do. How can you envy the shiny new chains of your enslaved brother? Seriously, he is missing out on LIFE just to gain rank as one of the faster runners in a hamster-wheel and you're jealous?!?

• magoo
    magoo

v oices....ever tried yoga.....or a good physical exercise routine....it works

magoo

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Being a male jw is all about position. One is encouraged to get baptized, then aux pio, then pioneer, then a Bethelite, then become a ministerial servant, then become an elder, then become the head elder in the body, then become an assistant circuit overseer, then become a circuit overseer, then a district overseer, etc. This going up the ladder takes time away from personal goals to serve the GB's goals. Freedom can be a blessing, but the GB continues to place guilt trips on the brothers to look after the GB's interests.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Voices,

I've done the despair and depression thing, several times. and a main reason was that my parents constantly compared us as kids and judged (you'll never be as good at this as x).

Therapy is hard. It's difficult to face the truth about ourselves, and change is probably hardest of all. But these things are real, and lead to a real, better life.

You are no more a sinner than anyone else. If you are still religious, you know that the Bible teaches this too; if not, sin is a useless concept anyway!

You are a person whom life has given the insight and motivation to pursue a hard path that will lead to better things. Use it, work through it and I wish you all happiness.

Retro

• Voices
    Voices

Freedom isn't so free when you're control and enslaved by limited thing such as 'you're not going to amount to anything, you are slaved here slaved there...you're fucked here and there...you can't do anything right, you can't do anything because ultimately you'll FAIL"

I've tried yoga, exercising, rock climbing, video games, music creation, etc..etc..etc..

• Joliette
    Joliette

Okay, well for starters, I would just like to say that dont be self conscience that your brother is a circuit overseear. And just because he's going to be a C.O., that doesnt mean he's living a clean life either. Please, just continue to pray for him, yourself, your family, etc. I know thers a shortage on brothers so theres going to be more brothers, some that we know very personally, etc.

I hope everything works out for you.

• jam
    jam

Voices; My younger brother a elder, he sent my sister (who is not A JW)

a e-mail, Given talks or Lectures in front of A audience of over two

thousand people. They also asked me to speak at the important

pioneer meeting, and I am coordinator for the meals at the elders

school. At first I felt a little jealousy, but then I thought, I love my

baby brother and what ever he is involved in be the best you can..

I realize he is happy, he may be misguided but what the hell.

• minimus
    minimus

Voices, I said "you envy him". You shouldn't. YOU certainly have issues and commendably, you are dealing with the process. You'll be ok when you realize you are more on the ball than any Witness is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit