I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!

by wasblind 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It's ridiculous that people fall for the Watchtower story at all, then again maybe it's not so surprising when you consider from whence we have come. A hundred years ago we were quaintly intellectual and just starting really to understand physics and science. There were horseless carriages, ocean liners and flying machines in those days, considered miracles of science and engineering. A couple hundred years before that we didn't even have the steam engine. Our intellectual evolution is growing exponentially. But we as a species go back hundreds of thousands of years. That's a whole lot of hard wired heritage to go through, and we still have a ways to go. How does a bronze-age story endure? Such remarkable persistence. If you compare absolute contexts - reality when the Bible was written and reality today - it's astonishing that anyone with a brain can buy into the Watchtower story, but it happens nevertheless. Happened to me, in fact. Maybe I don't have a brain, after all. Or didn't.

my .02

• ocd
    ocd

....to suggest not to go to the bathroom during the song......elder actually suggested this two years ago.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I think it's ridiculous that the WTBTS puts blatantly misleading illustrations in their publications like this:

And this:

For no other purpose than to falsely justify this:

And this:

They might as well just go ahead and publish an illustration like this:

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

And I know I'm beating a dead horse, but.....

TO THINK THAT A GOD WHO HATES LYING AND LIARS COULD POSSIBLE PROMOTE

'LYING FOR"THE TRUTH"' TM

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

And I know I'm beating a dead horse, but.....

TO THINK THAT A GOD WHO HATES LYING AND LIARS COULD POSSIBLE PROMOTE

'LYING FOR"THE TRUTH"' TM

• DanaBug
  • Girlie
    Girlie

"Also, I think it's nasty to drink after strangers. Old Sister Anointed might have mono. You'd think the son of God woulda recognized the health risk."

LOL! So true, Sweet. Was so indoctrinated then that I never gave thought to the health risk of drinking and eating behind someone. I don't know what some of you "friends" do with your mouths. lol

Another one is forced labor under the guise of "loving provision from Jehovah".

• ocd
    ocd

Danabug, yes I did. I found it interesting because two years ago an elder(cobe) actually said it was better to go to the bathroom during the meeting parts because the song is worship to Jehovah. The majority of our congregation is over 60 years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit