Not dated in a while - could use some tips, advice lol

by callitquits76 32 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Find a 35-40 year old cougar- you will be able to figure out the dating part later on your own.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lord have mercy,

Moshe got you steppin' into deep water now

but if you learn how to tread it, you will be

well trained

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nawh, I don't think he ready for that jelly.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Find a 35-40 year old cougar- you will be able to figure out the dating part later on your own.

Only if you want to run the significant risk of becoming someone's cabana boy and losing a huge chunk of your self respect along the way...
    (and NO! This is NOT from personal experience, in case any idiots out there would make that claim.)

V665V665

• Este
    Este

(and NO! This is NOT from personal experience, you idiots.)

Vampire dude be presumptuous huh.......

Dating is a meeting of the mind, heart, and body. Your body might react on its own, so learn self-control primarily. The moment you embrace, the emotions come into play along with the body desires.......

So many relationships are based upon the physical aspects instead of the heart felt motivations. Learn to balance out the mind, heart, and body in order to preserve the relationship.

Estephan

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

The best way to learn is by doing. :) Take a deep breath and go for it. There may be a few failures and embarassments along the way, but you just have to brush it off and learn from it.

Also ask yourself what your personal philosophy is regarding long-term relationships, and find someone who shares that. Perhaps that is marriage, perhaps not. Marriage is a "one-size-fits-all" ideal. It simply does not work in the real worldfor a significant number of people.

- Lime

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Estephan\Son of Man: That guy who is high on his own supply!

Someone ban him, again, please!

V665V665

• nugget
    nugget

When dating don't talk only about yourself and your issues, ask her about herself what she wants in life.

Notice her and compliment her.

Don't oggle other women when you are with her.

Make eye contact if you constantly look down you appear awkward and shifty.

Don't rush things sex in the city is not an accurate reflection of sex and dating and should not be used as a guide.

Think ahead about what you can talk about on this first date but don't prepare it like a talk, conversation should be spontaneous. Think about what you know about her already.

Relationships progress at their own pace at the moment you aren't at relationship yet so just enjoy the date and see how things go. don't put yourself under pressure, this is supposed to be a fun experience.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Vamp

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Most women with an ounce of sense in their head won't want instant sex. If they do, run. If you can't run, use a condom.

Women are not more sex crazed creatures than men. Confidence is sexy. Before you place the cart before the horse, try a few planned dates. There are dates that allow only a small amount of interaction. Talking for hours at first is not a good move. Getting to know each other gradually is a good plan. If you are still uncomfortable, after a while, reveal the Witness influence on your life. People in the world also postpone sex until after marriage not infrequently. The Witnesses have no corner on virtue. I can't stress how much the appearance of confidence is important.

I've dated men who were awkward. The problem is that I feel awkward, too, so it has a mushrooming effect. I would not plan on sex in any relationship. If it happens, great. If not, I have a new friend. The catch is I don't know how to tell awkward men to be confident. Women are not black widow spiders. If you think she has a nasty side, stay away.

Having a large dating pool, which is now possible through online dating, is important. There is always another relationship available so this one does not have to be so fraught with meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit