Longtime lurker - first post

by applehippie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• chase
    chase

wassup. RESEARCH your own info. good luck getting your own thinking on.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Welcome Applehippie! Love your avitar.

If you're like me, you will get answers to questions you never really knew how to formulate.. The search option is pretty good, and if you can get into the "Best Of" section a lot of your answers are there. (Its pretty glitchy) Simon says it will be better in the new forum.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well, I have to admit, I left the organization at a fairly young age, after being born in. I never married a JW man, and I have been out now longer than I was in. I'm happy as a clam, and can't even imagine being involved with those folks. I would hope for everyone to eventually feel as far from them as I do. Hope that doesn't sound flip.

• applehippie
    applehippie

I just want to say one thing before I create the wrong impression re: my domestic violence issue. I know there's no such thing as "mild". But it certainly wasn't often. And I wasn't shy about researching and reading up on it and getting the advice and solutions that worked. I like to tell my husband it's all his fault I'm the way I am now- tough and resilient. I tell my girls "you don't have to take garbage from anybody, you can do something about it". I fought for what I have- it was worth it.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Welcome applehippie!

• watson
    watson

Welcome Appulhippy...just funnin' with you. I like the your name! You sound like you are very grounded. Looking forward to your future posts.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

These days I honestly don't know what to think.

I call it lost in the "spiritual wilderness" Apple . . . sounds a bit depressing but I remember feeling just the same way for quite some time.

Looking back, the feeling is not helped by the WT insistence that (with a few exceptions) all truth is currently "knowable" . . . and needs to be "known" in order to please God . . . we feel a heightened sense of anxiety that now some of what we once believed is questionable . . . that we have a need to replace it with something . . . quicksmart.

I found the feeling faded naturally but was helped by casual Bible reading . . . not study . . . I didn't go looking for "truths" . . . I just did it for pleasure really. By clearing the clutter of pre-conceptions, biases, indoctrination, previously held beliefs etc etc . . . and instead "clearing the table top" . . . I truly did find large portions of scripture began to have greater relevance as to how I live my life.

I have no religious affiliation but can say with absolute honesty that I feel a closer personal relationship with Christ than at any other time in my life (inc. 23 yrs "in") . . . allow a bit of room for the yet unknown and patiently persevere . . . it will bear fruit. Hope this makes sense!

• applehippie
    applehippie

Quandry- that Watchtower was October 15, 2006. Really quite irritated me.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome!!

NLW's wife

• tec
    tec

Welcome, Applehippie! So glad you decided to post.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit