Im a newbie, looking for courage to sever the ties with JWs...help?

by Pams girl 38 Replies latest jw friends

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Hang in there! But leave the JW's. Rip them out of your life like a band aid, real quick and decisive like, otherwise, it will hurt more and longer and leave you wondering if you should just leave it on.

It took me a long time to get over the whole "truth" thing, but as I opened my eyes more and more, it was exposed as the rubbish it is. Yes, there is SOME truth (like Moses wrote Genisis), but mostly rubbish. And now, even the truths I came to accept as truths have been in doubt even more since I left over 4 years ago.

You will be ok!

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, Paula.

There may be times when you will wonder .... "Do the J.W.s really have the truth"?

There is a book out by Ray Franz called "Crisis of Conscience". Ray was a Governing Body member who was disassociated from the Watchtower Society after he started questioning some of their doctrine. Please get a copy and read it.

You may be able to order it from your local library, or a book store. I think a web site called "Freeminds" can get it for you, also. Once you read this book, you'll be absolutely positive that the Watchtower is not God's organization. Ray does not bash the Watchtower Society in his books. He just writes the truth about them in a gentle way.

Stick around. Happy to have you here. You are doing the very best thing for your son and husband, plus yourself.

Hubert

• satinka
    satinka

Welcome Pam's Girl!

I suggest you talk to your family doctor. Tell her/him what you told us.

Some counselling might be a good start ... to get things put into perspective.

satinka

• looloo
    looloo

hi there paula , your poor soul my heart went out to you , it was like going back in time reading your post , it was the year 2000 i realised i had just been conned by a cult for the lasy 7 years but it was the start of me gradually feeling better , the only time i had felt suicidal and was on anti depressants was during my involvement with jws ! i am also in the uk "up north " by 2005 i felt much better but that was when i found out my daughter had been abused by a ex min servant ! i reported it to the police and gave them 2 names of other women (30 year olds ) who i thought it was worth talking too , these jw women also gave statments that collaberated my daughters story of their abuse by the same perp ! at the court case i discovered it was "swept under the carpet " years ago and he was only reprooved for the abuse but around the same time my 16 year old now sister inlaw was disfellowshipped for just smoking !!!!! anyway the woman who i used to study with obviously didnt give a damn when all that came out and she had spent a lot of time with my poor daughter between the age of 6 and 12 . years earlier when i studied i had asked why the man who went on to abuse my girl never answered at meetings , she never even told me that he was not allowed to because of child abuse ! had she told me i would have run a mile ! she once made a comment about him being a sexual predater implying he was "after me " so i know she knew something , however 6 years later when the police wanted a statement from her she didnt help them ! so dont worry about your jw "friend " because she wont give a toss about you im afraid , you are just a number to them ! get some counselling , get a part time job to make normal friends , and apologise to the ones you dropped to please the cult thats what i did and left town ! you can message me if you like , keep reading this board , it helped me so much best wishes loo loo x

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I know of a sister who has over 150 worldy friends on facebook, one of them in a santa suit!

That's so funny! Welcome to the site Paula. I hope you stay, make real friends and get the support you need here. We can totally relate to what you're going through.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi guys, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and care. Some posts made me laugh, some cry. Murray Smith, it would be great if you could send me the link about Mental health issues in the JW camp..thanks x

Well, yesterday, and without asking, my husband threw away ALL THE WATCHTOWER AND AWAKE MAGAZINES!!! I had stuff given to me going back to 1983, so you can imagine, it was a lot!! Think it was at least....45 brown plastic boxes full!! Oh well, they went down to the recycling tip....

Ive kept my bible, for now. Im still a spiritual person, and I do feel a bit lost, where do I fit in now? But Im confident that God will lead me in the right direction.

I listened to the link about an elder being disfellowshiped...wow...over 3 hrs of it...what an eye opener! Especially that the organisation was part of the UN while fighting for the rights of French witnesses, unbeliveable!!!! Im going to listen to the appeal hearing later today.

I still dont know how to send personal messages on here, but for Murray..if you could send me the info that would be great. Thanks also for the info on the FRANZ book, will take a look at that.

Your support and care has been a life saver, many many thanks guys x

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Have tried to send a few PMs, hope you get them x

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Hi Pams ; not a lot more to add just follow the fine advice laid out here,also from the UK been out some years now, you done well avoiding the dreaded dunk!

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Paula!

If you want to meet with those sisters to have your say, feel free, but please also realize that you don't have to meet with them or with elders or with anyone else from Jehovah's Witnesses. They have no hold over you. You're free to do as you want.

If it would help you to talk via PM to work through some your guilt and regrets issues or any other aspect of what you're going through, feel free to PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit