Did you "make the Truth your own"?

by Mr. Falcon 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Actually, you can't "make the truth your own" unless you are like the Bereans, which the average JW is not.

The Bereans checked out everything, even though they knew Paul was sent from God to instruct them. They still checked out everything. In this way, they "made the truth their own" because they could explain or understand their beliefs from the source, the scriptures.

The average witness doesn't bother to think about what they are hearing. They just read the answers they have underlined and don't worry about whether everything matches up with the Bible or not.

So in that regard, I have made the truth my own, because if something the WTS teaches does not match what the Bible says, I reject it. The averate witness who think that the WTS is their "mediator" can't do that. They don't have a personal relationship with Jehovah outside the concept of being a witness. Many think they are being disloyal if they question the Society, but the Bible clearly tells us to "make sure of all things" and "keep testing" to see that we are still in the faith. You have to be able to understand and explain your own beliefs, "making a defense" to those who question you. All the average witness does is find what the Watchtower says about something and repeat it. They don't think about their beliefs, they don't question them, and they certainly don't challenge the WTS.

But some need more. They need to see how the Bible is fully truth and they check out everything. If there is a discrepancy, they might table it to be understood later, but they do question their own beliefs. When that happens, they end up making the truth their own but become critical of the Watchtower, which becomes a journal of lies.

The WTS are an organization that gives lipservice to making the truth their own, but their hearts are far removed from any critical examination of anything the WTS teaches. They are not like the Bereans who became mature Christians. They have become an organization that is "always learning, but never coming to an accurate knowledge of the truth."

Making the truth their own has become a back-burner exercise.

LS

• factfinder
    factfinder

I liked the song but thought it was a strange expression. I never really understood it. I did dedicate my life to Jehovah and got baptized but the expression "make the truth your own "always sounded corny and meaningless to me.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No, found it hard to make it my own as I knew I would be just another parrot,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit