Literature-Leaving Etiquette

by zoiks 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zoiks
    zoiks

A friend of mine is the tasting room manager at a local vineyard. This weekend the vineyard hosted an anniversary party for a my-gosh-they-are-so-young-for-having-been-married-for-so-long couple. You know where this is going, right?

While cleaning up after the party, the employees found numerous pieces of literature hidden in their magazine racks, and the 3-DVD set, "The Bible - A Book of Fact & Prophecy" hidden among their CDs. The employees and owners were all rather put off by this, finding it weird and tacky. According to my friend, they are considering calling the people and asking them to come get their stuff.

This raises a lot of questions in my mind. First and foremost: would I ever have done something like that while a JW? Would I have thought that it was a great way to give a witness? Also, wouldn't perhaps just one tract or Awake! have been sufficient? I mean, seriously, who leaves a DVD set?! No doubt they are counting the placements- were they also counting their time?

*shakes head slowly*

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Awesome! What does a 3-DVD set count as on a service report? [EDIT] Also, if I'd given someone my old WT Lib CD-ROM, would I have been permitted to fill out a report with a record number of books, mags, etc?

Never did anything like you described above but I littered many a laundromat with WT fodder when I pioneered. Great way to start time and dump some back issues when it comes down to it.

• zoiks
    zoiks

SBC, the laundromat tactic came to mind immediately upon hearing about this. I'm curious about the DVD set too! I don't recall that being on our monthly service report slip. Ha! Too funny.

• jay88
    jay88

What better way to tip the staff, then to leave literature.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah that is really weird about them leaving the DVD set. I mean doesn't the WT want like a "retail value" donation for that so somthing like $75 is what the publisher would have to pay/donate?

That would be AWESOME if they call them up and tell them to come get their literature. Talk about making them feel like FOOLS!

But I do bet they mark down a good 2 or 3 hours on their excel report for Jehovah.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I think it would be funny to tell them to come get their crap. But won't it just be placed somewhere else with the intention of luring people into the Cult? Throw it in the trash, where it belongs.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg:

“When someone hands you a flyer [Watchtower], it's like they're saying, 'Here, you throw this away.'”

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s will take any opportunity to unload WBT$ Crap..

Nobody wants it..

Your friend should make them come and get it..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Coming back to get the literature might be recorded as a whopping number of RV's.

Maybe one RV to each rag?

That's how I would have done it if I had to return when I was pioneering.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That was really tacky. Maybe the manager could call whoever set up the party and let them know what was left and that he had no choice but to destroy the crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit