Did you feel this way?

by purplesofa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I never felt that Jehovah would enjoy killing anyone. But, I know some Witnesses who think like that,and would help kill people if they thought it was Jehovah's will,no kidding,scary.

• d
    d

I used to think alot about Armageddon when I was younger and on rare occasions I still do.But I am successfully deprogramming myself, of that fear.But one day at a time

• I quit!
    I quit!

I never got to that point. I think by the time I would have started feeling that way my mind was starting to crawl out of the cult. Maybe the longer someone is in the more they start to feel that way. Their expectations probably turn to bitterness when they see that after all those years of believing the Watchtower's dooms day tale they are still here and so are all the people Jehovah was supposed to have killed by now. The nice houses they see while out in service are still occupied by "worldly" people who are in all probablilty better off than they are for not heeding the many warnings these poor deluded souls have given them. In brief moments of sanity the thought that they have wasted their lives away may have crossed their mind. All they have left is their perverted hope of seeing their crazy god having a fun killing people and them being there to enjoy the show.

When your religion starts to make you think like that it is time to get out of it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I never felt that way. But my mother does. It's interesting to watch the glee that comes over her face and the way her voice changes when she talks about it. Thankfully I don't have to see that often.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jehovah will give us the stranth......when he comes to disstroy them, hope ill make it to see his powere.

So, this is what happens when you deny people an edukashun.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But isn't there a scripture about Jehovah *not* taking delight in the destruction of someone wicked??? -Aude.

1 TIM. 2:3 -- "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved..."

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

On the spelling, I don't think English is her first language, so might want to cut her some slack there.

Comments from other JW's on her her particular comment, well, kind of condemned what she was saying.

These comments came after I posted this thread.

iquit said:

Maybe the longer someone is in the more they start to feel that way. Their expectations probably turn to bitterness

I do tend to think that some witnesses that are in for long time, stay loyal, given up on all their worldy family they could not get in, the smaller their world becomes outside of just going to meetings, field service etc etc etc may tend to get really distorted in their thinking that Jehovah would have fun killing people. Their whole association has dwindled down to only organizational functions, they don't work and I suppose they dream of how fun it would be to kill people off...IDK.

I truely get scared at what goes on in peoples minds. If they believe enough of the things they think are scripted to happen they will exert their efforts in that direction, and pass those thoughts to others.....Witnesses are not the only ones that do that....Glenn Beck comes to mind.

purps

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this
    Bullsh*t three ring circus sideshow of
    Freaks
    Here in this hopeless f*cking hole we call LA
    The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
    Any f*cking time. Any f*cking day.
    Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay...

Tool is so awesome.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

My brother and I once had a conversation as teenagers about who would survive Armageddon. I thought that only God would know why someone didn't join the JWs and there were a number of reasons why they wouldn't that we could think of; but ultimately it was up to him and I trusted he was loving and merciful. We agreed that since he could read hearts, and people are generally good, most everyone would survive; except for truly evil people. I never wanted to see Armageddon, I did look forward to the afterward. Of course, I never stopped to think about the dead bodies to clean up or children being killed as the WTBS taught.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I honestly don't think many of them think that way. Maybe I am giving them too much credit, but hopefully less than 10% really feel that way.

I kept it out of mind. I think most active JWs do as well. They don't dwell on the 6.5 billion deaths required for their paradise, becasuse if they actually thought about it day in and day out they would eventually leave. When it does come up into their heads during a silent moment they play the "Jehovah reads hearts" card mentally and forget about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit