Riveting JW judicial committee hearing.... caught on video!

by koolaid-man 42 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Well said Edmond.

• Violia
    Violia

I'm a very open-minded person and I'd be embarrassed to put that up. JC's are serious and mean spirited. They later people's lives and can cause great harm. If you intend to put one up, put up a REAL one. show them Df'ing a sister who has been raped, letting a child molester go free but df the victim. Show them playing God with folks marriages. Show something real. The real is a travesty-you put up a joke.

I like parody and satire as much as anyone else, but this was not good enough for that.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Villabolo

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the mockery doesnt advance your agenda-it diminishes it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Remember the Are Cats for Christians parody?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I know judicial committees are like a witch hunt and a form of bullying and serious but if you take an example of the war against Adolph Hitler and the Natzis many weapons were and are used to diminish their power and evil . Parody and ridicule are part of that weaponry and that is how it should be you take the tools you need to do a job and use them .

You show tyrants as they are evil and stupid. It also might strike a chord with those people who take part in those silly shenagegans it might make make them realise just how ridiculous they appear just like Hitler appeared clownish in Charlie Chaplins film The Great Dictator.

Just my thoughts.

Edmond

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I thought it was pretty good. Funny. Makes decent points. Shows how petty elders and their ridiculous book are. Production values could be better but hey, it's in some sort of church apparently, not a Borg Patterson Films Studio.

However, a pet peeve of mine is the deceptive subject line. I hate them. Not just this one, but any of them. My time is worth something and when I click on something, expecting to read about or see THAT, and then the thread is NOT that but rather a joke, my time has been wasted even if the joke's a good one.

Those who think the video was inappropriate, my wish is that you move beyond your anger and resentment and come to a place in your lives where you can laugh at the Borg because even though it is a cruel joke of an organization, it is still a joke. I'm not there yet all the time either, so I know the resentment you're feeling.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

For those who do not like spoofs..... Here is an actual judicial committee hearing caught on tape. It is the real thing!.....

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/critical-info/disfellowshipped.php

• Joliette
    Joliette

Great spoof!

• Violia
    Violia

I love a good spoof, parody, satire etc. I just did not think it was that good. It is just my opinion and matters for myself.

Yes Mad, I have struggled with anger resentment and bitterness against the wts, but still recognize bad parody when I see it. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit