Why Would YOU Never Go Back To The Witnesses?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I could never go back because I know it's not true and they now know that I know it's not true. So sitting in a meeting listening to crap, will be extremely nauseating. Meeting people, who I know, know its crap, but still go is nauseating and the pain of watching children being lied to makes me very angry.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I doubt i could ever go back, and if i did it would be purely to save children and be a spy.

That said, i could never really go back. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Besides, they would never have me back because i would never change to be acceptable.

As for some back story... i left to be a normal, worldly person. My faith and belief that i mattered to God was gone. I loathed field service, could no longer stomach what i came to see as a futile preaching work. The day i 'left', that is, stopped attending meetings and stood down as a M/S, i knew it was over. When i left my wife shortly thereafter and scarcely saw a JW again, when i felt my new freedom, i knew i would never return... and that was 11 years before i learnt that it was all lies and deception.

Going back would mean a return to belief that god cares about me as an individual, that all the lies are infact truths. It simply cannot be done.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit