Why Would YOU Never Go Back To The Witnesses?

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blind WBT$ GB Clowns,leading Blind JW`s..

Has never been an Inspiration..

http://roguejew.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/blindleadingtheblind.gif

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Put simply, I know too much.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Because I don't like anything about the religion or the people who follow it. Even if it was the "truth" I would still have an aversion to the people.

W

• fokyc
    fokyc

I couldn't sit there knowing it's not the actual "truth" without coughing out "Bullshit!" when I hear it.

This is why my wife won't allow me to accompany her to the KH; EVER!!!

I would shout out something similar in the meeting; probably "All lies!"

• minimus
    minimus

I don't know how some can still go to all the meetings once they realize what a sham it all is.

• undercover
    undercover
    Why Would YOU Never Go Back To The Witnesses?

How to answer that depends on the audience listening. To fellow ex-JWers it's obvious that the answer is that it's a cult seeking to control our minds. The scandals and errors in teaching are too numerous to even start trying to list but then again it would be preaching to the choir...you're already out yourself.

Now, if an active/believing JW put me on the spot to answer that...and if I felt like wasting my time on them the answer would be different.

I'd point to my lifetime of believing in the generation of 1914 still being alive when Armageddon came. I didn't believe this through my own accord or through Bible study. I believed it because it was what I was taught by the WTS. Once that prediction/prophecy was proven to be wrong...and they admitted as much by continually trying to re-write the definition of "generation" it was only too obvious that I was following a religion that had no more insight on Bible truths than myself by just reading the damn book. I was lied to. I was decieved. I gave up a better education. I gave up the possiblity of a better career. I gave time and money to an organization that fooled me into believing something that didn't happen. Why should I go back?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I can't unscramble the egg.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

When you take the red pill, you can't go back.

• undercover
    undercover
    When you take the red pill, you can't go back.

Cypher did...or at least tried.

He's like the JW that even when he knows the real deal can't come to terms with the truth and would rather live a lie.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I would never go back for much of the reasons that Undercover gives. They used deception in my recruitment. They didn't lay all the cards on the table and claimed they were just Bible students and that they had 'no' clergy class. I would have stayed in Catholicism if I knew the real truth. I also could have bettered myself careerwise and I certainly would have saved more money. The biggest tragedy is the time wasted. Precious time you can never get back. You sat there and the clock ticked on. There goes your youth. Now, you might reason that your youth would pass if you were somewhere else. The problem is that 'somewhere else' isn't trying to stifle you emotionally, mentally and materially.

Also, last but not least, I do not accept anybody's divine claims. Never did. I don't care if they call themselves anointed, appointed, chosen. Whatever. That is between them and the spirit world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit