Do you think a lot of JWs are ashamed of their beliefs?

by I quit! 54 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Everytime I tried to be public about my JW beliefs, it ended up backfiring on me. Stupid me didn't realize back then that the world viewed JWs as a bunch of kooks. I finally learned that life went much smoother, if I just kept my JW life separate from my public life- and I managed to keep working instead of being in the first guy laid off on a job.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The JWs are too pumped up with arrogance and instilled pride to a be ashamed of their beliefs.

They really believe they've caught the golden ring that offers redemption for their sins today and

a wonderful Paradise in the future. Based off these pertinent facts and the way the WTS. controls its adherents,

there is little space for a typical JWS to be ashamed about their beliefs.

They're more concerned about the guilt implied by the WTS. for not doing enough door to door sales work,

with the WTS. own literature in-hand.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Ashamed I think is the wrong word for me. I witnessed to my school mates and teachers. I also witnessed to the people I worked with. I felt uncomfortable sometimes when it was someones birthday and I had nothing to do with it at my place of work, unlike the Elder in the Art Department who made the card.

I thought God wiping clean the Earth and removing all wickedness and only wanting us to love righteousness was a great idea that needed telling to other people.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

White Dove said:

"At the same time, however, I desperately wanted to lead a normal life, like everyone else that I saw.

I envied all non-JWs for their not being born in it and it chosen for them, as it was for me.

I have a new answer to anyone who pressures me to get back into it (thanks FB friend:):

I am your loved one, and that will never change, BUT I'm not your performing seal."

That's EXACTLY how I felt! (I was a born-in too.) I would often think to myself "I wish I wasn't born in 'The Truth' so I wouldn't be held accountable for that knowledge."

• new light
    new light

I know I was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit