My Labrador died can anyone please help me. I can't stand the pain.

by Witness 007 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm in the pet care business and I have to deal with this all the time. It's very sad and I'm very sorry for your loss. But there may be more to this than we realize. Animals in the wild that have no contact with humans are one thing, but the ones that develop relationships with us are contributing to our spiritual evolution and vice-versa, and the emotional energies become intertwined. Many eastern religious teachings say that we evolved from animal consciousness. The Bible says that animals are living souls. Please read this......

Do Animals Reincarnate?

http://spiritlibrary.com/kuthumi-school-of-wisdom/do-animals-reincarnate

• trevor
    trevor

Witness 007 Ther is nothing much I can add to the moving commments above.

Emotional wounds take time to heal and cause pain - but it will get better in time.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Here's a poem that meant so much to me when my beloved pet, Fluffy died last year - I'd had him for 16 years.

It's called Rainbow Bridge - inspired by a Norse legend.

By the edge of a wood, at the foot of a hill,

is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.

Where the friends of man and woman do run,

when their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,

is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,

til the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,

for here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.

Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,

their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,

until one day they start, and sniff at the air.

All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,

then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;

Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,

the time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,

has turned into joy once more in each heart.

They embrace with a love that will last forever,

and then, side by side,

they cross over...together.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

And to add to the above thoughts I can't help but think of Ps 145:16 - You are opening your hand and satisfying the desire of every living thing.

He is either going to have to change my desires or else resurrect my loved pets. And another thought occurred to me - innocent little lambs died to picture the sacrifice of our Lord and King, do you not think he will resurrect them? He has the power to do so - of that I am sure. And he came to restore all creation - not just mankind.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

You have to transfer that love to a new dog. Wait a month or so and begin looking. I have had this happen over and over again for 35 years. You never forget, but just transfer the love to another in memory and appreciation of the last companion. Best wishes.

itsi...

• VIII
    VIII

I'm so sorry!

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Witness 007 I too want to express to you my deepest sympathies for the loss of your beloved lab.

Although I have also lost many pets over the years I cannot begin to tell you I know how you feel

because we all deal with grief differently. Yes time will heal as others have said but the pain will

always be there somewhere. The new pup is not a replacement for the dog you lost, but perhaps

the distraction will help.

You said your wife got over depression 14 months ago. Did she have professional counseling?

Sounds like she and you would benefit from counseling. We are here to support you but

cannot take the place of a licensed therapist.

Reopened Mind

• chicken little
    chicken little

So sorry 007,

I really feel with you and your wife. It is a huge gap that will be there for some time and you will feel such an ache when you think of your dog.

My dog saw me through a long depressive illness, she would sit by my side in the tough times and only go off to play when my moods lifted, I miss her incredibly even after three years. Our tears seemed to keep flowing, we all were deeply moved by her loss. I hope you enjoy your new dog, you were very brave to get one straight away, I could not do that.

Much love

Chicken little

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am so sorry for your loss. I have an 18 year old tomcat, had him since he was a little bitty ball of fluff. He has been my dearest companion. He has given me love and comfort during my most difficult times. I know that we do not have much more time together and it causes me deep grief to know the day is coming when we will have to say good bye.

I wish I had words to help ease your pain. I know that some of the posters have said that time will help--and it does help lessen the pain. But I still grieve animals I had over 30 years ago. Every single one was a good and loyal pet and will always have a place in my heart.

I truly believe that our animals live on after passing through this physical veil. Many times I have felt them jump on the bed with me for a snuggle. Sometimes when I am drifting off I will catch a glimpse of them and they appear to be well and happy. It gives me comfort to think that I may see them again one day because anything, and I do mean anything, is possible. It's a vast universe and we will never uncover all its mysteries.

My thoughts and love are with you and your wife during this difficult time.

Robyn

• blondie
    blondie

I cried the first 5 days...thank goodness people at work were understanding and let me work quietly in the back room.

It takes time...it has been over 10 years, I don't remember the pain anymore, just the joy.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit