My Labrador died can anyone please help me. I can't stand the pain.

by Witness 007 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Each little animal companion that we have is special, and individual.

Your dog must have had a wonderful life, being loved so much by your family. Although you will never forget him, time will ease the pain.

Your new little puppy will weave his way into your hearts, and also have a wonderful, happy doggy life.

In my 59 years, I've had wonderful dogs and cats. They don't live a really long life, so I made sure that the life they lived was filled with kindness and joy.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Prodigal Son:

but the ones that develop relationships with us are contributing to our spiritual evolution and vice-versa, and the emotional energies become intertwined.

I have often thought the same. Much of what I know of love I learned while holding and watching my animals. They are absolutely responsible for my spiritual development. Much more so than anything I ever learned at the KH.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Witness 007, I am so sorry. Please find a pet loss support group in your area; they will be able to help. To find one, call your vet, the local animal shelter, or local stores such as Petsmart and ask them if they know of a local group. If that doesn't work please PM me with your location and I will try to help find a group for you.

• life is to short
    life is to short

It takes time and a lot of time. I lost my cat and he was what saved me when I was pioneering. I will never forget spending all dall in service with people who hated me and coming home to my cat who seemed to really love me.

It was beyond hard when he died and the pain is still there now even five years later. It just takes time.

I am so sorry I know how the four legged friends are so much better then the WT friends are it is beyond sad to lose them.

Take care of yourself.

LITS

• snakeface
    snakeface

It is so encouraging to see all the supportive posts here! I lost 4 of my dogs in December and one at the beginning of January. They were all old; the oldest was 16. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that someone directed me to a support group, which really helped me cope.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear 007:

I'm very sorry for your loss. We who are posting are obviously dealing with or have dealt with the loss of a beloved pet. I've had several labs myself and they were the best. Happy memories remain ...

Wishing you peace and love,

CoCo

• smiddy
    smiddy

Witness 007

NOBODY loves you like a dog does.

I lost my toy poodle of 16.5 yrs ,13mnths ago,and I`ve never cried so much in all my life.

As many posters here say,you just have to give it time

take care

smiddy

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((007))))))).

Syl

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pets are as much a part of a family as any person is... the unconditional love they offer is truly a gift. Nobody is happier to see me when I walk in the door than my dog. I could be gone for 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days... it's as though I'm a long lost love and he bounds toward me, jumps up on me, dances around in circles and is just plain thrilled to see me. I could have had the worst day of my life and a greeting like that just makes it all better.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Unfortunately, I must agree with prior posters; only time will heal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit