• abbagail
    abbagail

So what did happen to the promise to the Nation of Israel? - Joey JoJo

Hi ya Joey JoJo, much success on your conversations with your friend, and good question re Israel, and a fascinating one as well. Some points to consider...

Israel was God's chosen nation from which Messiah would come (Genesis 22:18 : Gen 12:3; 18:18; Acts 3:25; Gal 3:8, 16),

It was God's original plan for Israel to be a light unto the Gentiles ( Isaiah 49:6 : Is 42:6; 51:4; Luke 2:32; Acts 13:47; 26:23).

The Lord Jesus Christ himself said, Salvation originates with the Jews. - John 4:22.

Messiah did come to His own (Israel) - Matthew 10:6; 15:24.

As a nation as a whole, they chose to reject Him (the stoning of Stephen, Acts 7).

WT and other "Replacement Theology" denominations (see a year-2004 list here: http://www.watch.org/showart.php3?idx=64261&rtn=/index.html&showsubj=1&mcat=24 ) basically say it ends right there as far as Israel is concerned, and that because God allowed the Romans to destroy the Temple in 70AD, that was the final end of His relationship with the Nation. However, if you remember Christ's prophecy re that, He said, YOUR HOUSE (Temple) will be made desolate, not that God permanently would abandon the Nation forevermore. He merely scattered them among the Gentile nations for a certain length of time.

Replacement Theology also says the "church" replaced Israel (or in WT's case, the JW "earthly class" replaced Israel & that all "earthly kingdom promises" apply to the JWs).

Biblically speaking, however, since the Nation rejected their Messiah and the "OT prophetic offer" to evangelize the world about Him, God set Israel aside for the time being, and let them remain in their chosen "partial blindness" while taking His truth of salvation through Israel's Messiah to the Gentiles and letting the Gentiles evangelize the world instead, including any Jews that are willing to listen: To the Jew first, then to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

God's purpose was not only to offer salvation to Gentiles but also to "provoke the Jews to jealousy" (Deut. 32:21; Acts 13:45-47; http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/dispen/jealous.htm ). As individuals, at any time, they could come to Messiah (they are only "blinded in part," not "totally blinded"), and many do come to faith in Christ (one detailed, heartrending testimony: Dr. Max L. Rossvally http://web.me.com/motionpoet/Rossvally/Free_Online_Devotional_Book.html ).

Jews get saved the same way as Gentiles, based on faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ/Messiah as payment for our/their sins. - 1 Cor. 15:1-4.

"Grace" is the message during this "age of the Gentiles" (as it is sometimes called) since the sin debt has already been paid IN FULL, and not by "Lawkeeping" (having to "earn your salvation" by doing this or that). Many believers still get Grace and Lawkeeping mixed up.

God has a timeframe for everything. God will remove Israel's "partial blindness" when the "fullness of the Gentiles has come in." (Romans 11).

We know we are nearing that time because:

1. Before the Lord Jesus Christ returns to earth to rule in His Kingdom from Israel, the "fake Messiah" ("The Stranger" John 5:43; "The Man of Sin/Son of Perdition" 2 Thessalonians 2:3; "The Wicked/Lawless One" 2 Thessalonians 2:8; "The Worthless Shepherd" Zechariah 11:16-17; "The Bloody and Deceitful Man" Psalms 5:6; the "profane wicked Prince of Israel" Ezekiel 21:25-27; etc.) has to come first.

2. And there cannot be that "fake Messiah" (the Luciferian Antichrist -1.John 2:22) until there is again a Nation of unbelieving, deceived Israel to welcome and accept him (John 5:43) because Daniel 9 says the Antichrist, the Prince that will come, will confirm the covenant with Israel for the "one week" (seven years, which matches the 3.5+3.5 years of Revelation).

3. So the State of Israel had to be, and now has been, set up first (1948) by unbelieving and secular Jews (with help from Rothschild money, btw, but that's a whole 'nother connection).

4. The "generation" that saw the establishment of this current Israel is the one that will not pass away until all these things occur. Matthew 24:32-34. (FYI: Some believe the "generation-counting" began when Israel recaptured Jerusalem in 1967 rather than the year 1948).

During the seven-year Tribulation, God promises to bring a 1/3 remnant of Jews "through the fire" which will have prepared their heart to finally receive their True Messiah. (Zechariah 13:8,9; Joel 2:32; Matthew 23:39; Romans 9:27; 11:26,27; Jeremiah 30:7)

When the Lord Jesus Christ returns at the end of those seven years of Tribulation (and casts the Fake christ & the False Prophet into the Lake of Fire, and chains Satan in the pit), that is when He/Christ will send forth his angels to gather the remaining remnant of Jews from the four corners of the earth and set up His Kingdom on the Throne of David in Israel (in the same location as the currently operating Israel, but it will be much larger, with the borders as promised to Abraham).

---------

FACT: NO JEW NOR GENTILE "MUST" GO THROUGH THE TRIBULATION. It's each person's choice.

---------

Some links for further reading, if interested:

WHEN WILL ISRAEL BE REGATHERED AND CONVERTED?

AT CHRIST'S COMING:

http://ourfinalauthority.com/index.php?topic=923.0

----------

The Tribulation Period: THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST & ISRAEL IS RESTORED: (scroll down for scriptures):

http://hunterscreekchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The-Second-Coming-Of-Christ1.pdf

----------

JEWISH INFORMATION AND THE FUTUREOF ISRAEL:

http://www.amazingbible.org/Documents/Jews_Information_Desk/Jewish_information_and_future.htm#4-IMMEDIATELY%20AFTER%20THE%20RAPTURE:%20THE%20ANTICHRIST%20COMES%20FORTH,

----------

Bible Prophecy

Israel and Jerusalem:

http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Warning%201%20Israel%20Jerusalem.html

----------

Israel in Prophecy (scroll down to reach this section):

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/proph/prophecy.htmCan the Jews Be Destroyed?--A Message For All Who Believe Israel Has No FutureRomans Chapter 9--Israel's PastRomans Chapter 10--Israel's PresentRomans Chapter 11--Israel's Future
    A Comparison and Contrast Between Israel and the Church

A Compilation of Bible Prophecies Demonstrating that Israel Has a Glorious Future in the Plan and Purpose of God-An Antidote for Preterism, Amillennialism, Replacement Theology and any other teaching which denies the literal fulfillment of hundreds of very specific prophecies.
    The Coming Russian/Islamic Invasion of Israel (Ezekiel 38-39) - Sunday School Lesson
    One of the Purposes of The Church: To Provoke Israel To Jealousy (Envy)

---------

NAMES AND TITLES OF THE ANTICHRIST:

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Pink/antichrist06.htm

----------

Got to get some Zzzz's. Hope this helps!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Psalms 72:7 - In his days may the righteous flourish, and abundance of peace till the moon is no more. was fulfilled in 1919 when president woodruff wilson helped stablish the league of nations.. Isaiah 33:24 - And no resident will say, "I am sick"; the people who dwell there will be forgiven their iniquity. was fulfilled duribg obamas administration

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I would say the Nation of Israel is still blessed.

Definitely. While they chose to reject Christ initially, Revelation clearly shows that they would have another chance to accept Him after He comes. If one reads Romans 11 they will see that God has NOT rejected the Jews. Read Romans 11:1-7:

1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace. 7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

You grab the context in Romans 11 - it only says God did not reject jews who accepted Jesus as the True Messiah, not the pharisaic-talmudic jews, who rejected Christ and fed hatred against Christians. For the correct understanding of Romans 11, please read THIS. For the real status of talmudic Judaism, please read Rev 2:9.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yes, but the Jews were promised to be God's people to times indefinite. That is why they appear again in Revelation 7 as the 144,000. I don't buy that this scripture is fulfilled merely by taking away the title "Israel" and applying it to everyone that believes in Christ, as the JWs do. We are an "Israel of God" in the way that we are his chosen elect. But the Jews still hold a covenant with God and He will remain faithful to them.

We both agree, they MUST accept Christ as savior to be saved. But if you keep the context of Revelation in mind, these 144,000 are brought together AFTER the Rapture and Tribulation. In Revelation 1-3 the church is spoken to in John's time. In Revelation 4 the church has already been raptured. Most of Revelation takes place within two 3 and a half year time spans. After the church is taken, there will still be hope for the Jews and for those that accept Christ AFTER His return.

Having a clear understanding of Revelation and Zechariah 12 and 13 is essential to understanding this. Zechariah talks about the Jews repenting for rejecting the "pierced one" (Jesus) and being forgiven of their sins. This fits in line perfectly with Revelation 7, that there would be 144,000 that would be found within the sons of Israel, that would put faith in Christ during the Tribulation time period.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Having a clear understanding of Revelation and Zechariah 12 and 13 is essential to understanding this.

This is what popped into my head when I read the above quote:

One of my fundamental qualms with the Watchtower is that they rely heavily on having a "clear understanding" of the scriptures. Now we all know, as EX-JWs, that "clear understanding of the Bible" is code for "clear understanding of our doctrine."

That said, when I hear you even mention the term "clear understanding" an alarm goes off in my mind. How can anyone have a clear understanding of the Book of Revelation? Or any other Bible prophecy? It hasn't happened yet! Typically, prophecy is vague by design so you could always interchange terms like "clear understanding of Revelation" with "clear understanding of a certain interpretation of Revelation."

We criticize Witnesses for exaggerating the term "the truth" when we also have our own personal exaggerations.

Brotherdan, I'm not saying I don't have my exaggerations, I just like to point it out because I think it's something everyone can work on. You have come to certain conclusions regarding Revelation and Zechariah of which have many possible conclusions. Until the prophecy is fulfilled no one can claim, or should claim, to have a "clear understanding" of it, even if they strongly feel that they do.

-Sab

• designs
    designs

This particular God sure is tough s.o....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

touche' Sab. What I meant was a clear understanding of the context of the books. I know that there are several interpretations. My point in saying the a clear understanding is needed is that you need to take Revelation into account when examining Zechariah. You can have a clear understanding of something, and get the interpretation wrong. And none of us can REALLY be certain of prophecy until it has become fulfilled.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    How can anyone have a clear understanding of the Book of Revelation?

We can, and we must. Revelation is not a closed book to us. Rev 1:3 says: "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."

The Watchtower is the one that completely destroyed Revelation in spiritualizing every piece of it and twisting it to fit into their history. If you approach Revelation as largely literal, it makes much more sense. IMO

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit