Scriptural proof of a paradise earth? Psalms 72:7; Isaiah 33:24

by Joey Jo-Jo 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You can have a clear understanding of something, and get the interpretation wrong.

The interpretation is the end result; if it ends up wrong (which, ultimately, would require the events to actually transpire) then the interpreter clearly doesn't have a clear understanding, right? If a theologian is willing to take his research and knowledge and put it into an official interpretation that ends up fallacious... something could be seriously wrong.

-Sab

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Thanks guys, I want to be clear and direct to the person I am speaking to, this person believes she has the truth, funny that she had to use the OT to prove the point of paradise earth.

So let me get this straight

1. Everlasting life promised to Israel nation (OT) BUT everyone at that (and this) stage went to heaven

2. God wants Nation of Israel to join with gentiles

3.God starts to dislike how jews carries on this

4. Prophecies of the end of the heavens and the earth

5. Jesus sent to earth as ramsom sacrifice for both jews and gentiles

6. Prophecy of new heavens and new earth (rev) is the continuation of (1) and invatation to gentiles after destruction of Heavens and earth?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    the interpreter clearly doesn't have a clear understanding

True, but this can be applied in many other cases. I could read all I can about Alexander the Great and feel like I am an authority on him. People could say that I have a "clear understanding on who he was". However, I am almost certainly wrong about many things about his life.

Same here. I can read Zechariah and Revelation and have a clear understanding of what those books say. Does that mean I will have an infallible way to interpret the books? No, but the evidence does seem to show that God is not yet done with the Jewish nation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit