Stupid not just once but twice, and it is praised

by therevealer 90 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

12 THE WATCHTOWER ? MAY 15, 2011

5 What good results there can be when
    children are trained to keep a simple eye!
    Consider the example of a teenage girl in the
    country of Ethiopia. She did so well in her
    schoolwork that upon completing her basic
    education, she was offered a scholarship for
    further education. Having her eye focused
    on serving Jehovah, however, she turned
    down the scholarship. Soon thereafter, she
    received a job offer that would pay her 3,000
    euros a month-a high amount in comparison
    with the average wages in her country.
    But the girl's "eye" was set on pioneer service.
    She did not need to consult her parents
    to turn down the job. How did her parents
    feel on learning what their daughter had
    done? Why, they rejoiced with her and told
    her howproud they were of her!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    Why, they rejoiced with her and told her howproud they were of her!

GOOD! I hope they continue rejoicing when she remains dependent on them unable to provide well for herself. I hope they continue rejoicing when they are old and she can't provide for them. Oh, but Armageddon will surely come before then! Ain't Jehovah Grand????

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

This kid leaves school with a basic education but is offered a 3,000 Euro a month job in Ethiopia??!! There's only one job that would pay that well, no wonder she didn't take it. No seriously, this must be bullshit.

• poppers
    poppers

Sounds like another story out of the creative writing department of the WT. What sort of job in Ethiopia pays 3,000 Euros a month to an uneducated teenager? Pure BS, in my opinion.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Anyone that believes this story is on dust.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Average wage per month in Ethiopia between 50 and 60 Euros....

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    Anyone that believes this story is on dust.

LOL!! Good point! I am your typical American and so have NO IDEA what a Euro is worth. Now that I seen the comments, I'm doubly mad that I believed it.

• jeckle
    jeckle

they always have these contrived stories to tell the masses. really! doofdaddy sounds right about the average wage , i mean it basically a 3rd world country , and a country with a sizable muslim population i think if not predominate population. muslims seem like they mostly would never let a woman have a hi paying job. if it was a real job it would be one that is in europe or something and maybe 3000 is what she could potential achieve, or 3000 euros is the developed world's equivilent pay ; which would still mean she would make jack in ethiopia.i dont know i was actually thinking earlier today about some of their good points( the wtbs's good points) but then i read this and i forgot what those points were. really what are their good points do they have any. that is so misleading . what wow should i say look at that fine example she gave up everything for god wow i must be a piece of $#!* here watchtower take everything i have maybe i can by my salvation ! sounds like selling indolgences but funny thing is i think could be wrong the catholic church might of stopped that! the word pharisee comes to mind

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    muslims seem like they mostly would never let a woman have a hi paying job

Thank you Jeckle. That's another good point. I suppose it would depend on the region. I don't know much about Ethiopia, so I don't know how women stand in the society. When I was a kid, they were always flashing pics of starving children and saying they were in Ethiopia. I don't know what is happening currently though.

• poppers
    poppers

I am your typical American and so have NO IDEA what a Euro is worth.

1 Euro is about $1.36 US, so 3,000 Euros would be about $4,080.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit