The 'Last days' of the Watchtower Society - any truth in this?

by callitquits76 49 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So the age of information will eventually bring down " The Truth ".

The question remains will the truth bring down " The Truth " ?

As its been said before it might just be a case of wishful thinking, for there are alot of ignorant,

poorly educated people in the world, who also don't have access to the inter-net.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Moshe says, The WatchTower Org is a corporation and the only way they will go out of business is to become bankrupt, which for the time being doesn't seem very likely.

But that is not the real point. It's the power and influence of 130 years of the original movement that is gone forever.

Agian, it is the more PRIMAL, animal aspects of interorganizatiional relationships and how they fall behind in the public's eyes that matters.

Oner scandal can destroy a billion dollar church almost overnight, but splinter groups remain for the lost. But Watchtower#1, #2 and #3 will have minimal power; except perhaps the die-hard fundamentalists who want to return to Rutherford and tout themselves as the "FAITHFUL Witnesses of Jah" or something. But such extremists only seem to be in the media with no real power.

This is my hypothesis I'm testing, and you guys are by far the best guinea pigs to test it on. :-)) I am not aware of any specific articles on the life cycle of cults (really the life cycle of a family with an charismatic yet abusive father), so I chose to write from experience with not only the JWs but also with fringe churches, of which I have observed many as a traveling pastor for years after leaving the JWs. Just too many similarities with the same outcome.

Randy

Rsandy

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Honestly, I see them on track to become a cult like the mormons or scientology. Paid clergy, thiting, the whole nine yards. Pretty soon they will demand fix donations from congregations and publishers. The continuous "Worship the Governing Body" is a sign on the wall. It is going to get more weird every month. I do not see them turning to mainstream christianity anytime soon. So far it is grip-tightening as far as the eye can see. Do more, do more, do more, it is not enough, to get 'Gods underserved kindness' you have to deserve it, if you are not pioneering at least for 2 years you won't make it to the new system, etc. What is developing is an extremely gullible group of witnesses who accept everything (literally) what the GB writes. This 'switching off' the brain that I see going on in all the congo's here I find the most frightening I have noticed in a long time.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@WTWizard- only 200,000 real witnesses? That would be funny! But it has to be far more - where is all the money coming in from?

@thetrueone- yes, sadly, there are many who do not have internet access. Jehovah's Witnesses' literature can reach them all.

@Dogpatch- Randy, perhaps I am missing something that you and others can see, but it seems to me that jws are too widespread and their publishing operation too all-encompasing to lose much of their influence.

I see over 2-3 BILLION peices of WT literature being printed and distributed every year in more than 500 languages in 236 lands. The witnesses are able to get their literature to people who have never seen or heard of "Time" magazine or "Reader's Digest" or "Newsweek", etc- but have access in their languages to many WT publications. I think the JW's can reach even more people than they do now- their influence is so widespread. They will continue publishing in more and more languages each year, spreading their influence and reach.

Unless there is a MAJOR scandal, and I don't mean the minor NGO thing that 99% of the witnesses never heard of and don't care about, the wt will go on into the indefinate future far outliving any of us.

Now if they were to all of a sudden come out with new light on 1914- that Jesus' presence did not begin then after all, the last days did not begin then, etc there could be a schism or anyway I'd guess half the witnesses would be stumbled. And the ridicule they would face after that from the media, "apostates" and others would be pervasive and neverending.

Short of something major like that happening I think the wts will continue on as it has the past 130 years or so.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Hoffnung- you described my jw brother! His brain is switched off- he is permanantly in wt mode. I don't think there is ANYTHING the gb will or can say that will stop him from obeying them. He is too far gone.

• moshe
    moshe

It matters not one iota to me, if the JWs want to believe in an end-times dogma and hang on to their "live forever in a paradise Earth" hope. Without those unique JW teachings, I'm not sure who will be left to fill up the KH seats, though. I do hope the WT writing dept finally finds a way to drop their No-blood transfusion dogma and they stop shunning ex-members. If the WT leaders do that, they can reorganize into whatever kind of religion that most JWs will accept.

The writing department is just a step or two away from alienating a lot of JWs and if that happens, their "god is directing us, so you must obey us" charade will be exposed to all. I will get immense pleasure in seeing the GB/F&DS get dethroned.

• mann377
    mann377

I agree with most of what Randy says but with a slant. I do believe that many of the JWs around the world will begin to branch off from the mother org. and start their own form of JW org. All it takes is for one charismatic leader from the area (Africa, Japan or South America) to start throwing around his weight and feel some prower and its goodby WTBS. This has been repeated throughout history as cultures/relgion develop. This starting to develop can be seen in that the JWs in other countrys do have their own customs and is not uncommon for missionarys to be assigned to a branch to keep the locals in line with the company policy. After all most of the "big boys" in Brooklyn are white Americans.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Beth Sarim said,

prodigal son, how soon is Disclosure?

No one can set a date for things like that, but I can tell you this: It's inevitable, and it will happen once the financial empire of the dark elite collapses. They are the ones who have been preventing disclosure since the Roswell incident. It's a global mafia and only the money and threats of physical violence keeps everybody's mouth shut.

Personally, I've been waiting for the dollar system to implode since 2006, and I'm on a month-to-month death watch. They've been keeping it going somehow with smoke and mirrors, but I've got my gold and silver and I'm ready.

Here's the best place to keep an eye on it:

http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/start-here/davids-blog/909-disclosurecriticalmass

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Moshe- I agree. I would love to see the gb and the "slave" (whom my brother loves so) dethroned too!

It is so sickening how they keep directing worship to themselves every month in the study edition. But do any witnesses even notice it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mann377 says: "After all most of the "big boys" in Brooklyn are white Americans."

Yep, and guess who's out in field service. Got to give 'em credit though, they don't care

what color the slaves are. They'll work the shit out of anybody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit