The 'Last days' of the Watchtower Society - any truth in this?

by callitquits76 49 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i think that the watchtower is in trouble, thet are losing money, and have to sell properties, close brances, and cut back on publishing. they are also losing members and are getting much more heavy handed and demanding full obedience or else, which will cause them to lose more members. does that mean they are in their last days? last days as they are now yes, but not last days as a whole, imo. they will adjust and adapt and change to stay alive with fewer members. the only thing i could see ending them is changes in the tax code to make them pay taxes or if somehow they could be sued over the blood issue. with that said, i hope they crash and burn and that goes for all the cults or any group that violates huma rights.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The religion depends upon money to stay alive. When the money dries up and withers away, so will the religion.

If dubs quit buying their printed and other media crap and quits attenting their annual book-promotion and sales seminars in the summer and quits dropping money in their salvation-bribery boxes at the Kingdom Halls, the religion will dry up and wither away as soon as the religiou leaders have sold their remaining assets and spent the money trying to stay alive.

It's not about doctrine. It's about money. Chuck Russell was right: the religion will know it no longer represents God once "God" stops its cash flow.

Farkel

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As we've learned with cults, there has to a big event that leads to its downfall. Look at Jonestown or Waco. Sadly, when cults go down, they take all of their members with them.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You have to take in account that the WTS has over a billion dollars in holding property assets,

those properties have more than quadrupled and more in value over the years.

They are selling off branch offices quite often now just to add to that bulging wealth.

Put that into consideration and you can see this organization has the gas to continue allot longer than

most can speculate. The WTS bank accounts are now filled with hundreds of millions of US dollars,

waiting for the GB to use at their discretion.

The game was a simple one, create subservient slaves who buy and sell their products by using coercive tactics of fear and provocation.

Only to find more subservient slaves who will do the same by using the same tactics as the original slave seekers.

Take whatever money they give telling them that the money will be used in the same wholesome and honest service that

the indoctrination process has created. The more hapless used idiots cultivated, balances how wealthy and powerful the leading

people at the top of the pyramid will become.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Watchtower has been forced into a position by the Internet and what it exposed of them. That position is "we are either right or we are wrong." The line in the sand is now more clear than ever before and within 10-20 years the people who chose their side of the line will be expecting results...

...and if those people don't get what they are expecting I predict unpredictable results.

-Sab

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i might have personally accidently turned one person towards jdub.

but since then i have actively informed everone i know that they are a dangerous cult.

so i have stopped many from becoming jdub. and if those people tell others what i told them, it multiplys....

so spread the word that they are not to be feared, and it will happen sooner!

"you can fool some of the people some of the time. but you can't fool all the people all the time."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I have to agree with you there Sab. the inter-net has changed the game for the WTS.

They now are going to be even more stingent in how their acquired slaves behave and who and where they talk to people, watching carefully.

The Sheppard knows the pertinent value of every sheep in his flock. $$$

The great battle of information has begone and the protecting line around their flock is going to be allot smaller in circumference, to be sure.

• Joliette
    Joliette

There 'day' is coming. And yes, to the above poster, cant see the screenname, but the WT DID indeed jump the shark in 1995.

I think that in the near future some more things are going to be exposed, therefore, people are going to start to see them for who they are, and

how they've used the name jehovah to justify their authority and what they do.

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Farkel: PREACH IT!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think that in the near future some more things are going to be exposed, therefore, people are going to start to see them for who they are, and

how they've used the name Jehovah to justify their authority and what they do.

It always was a game of power, control and money, although not so obvious to the casual observer.

Good point Joilette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit