Jehovah's Witnesses - Are they loving?

by brotherdan 81 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Jehovah's Witnesses LOVE to claim that they are a true religion because they are the most loving people on earth. They rant and rave about how they apply John 13:35 to themselves.

In a recent conversation with djeggnog, I was SHOCKED at some of the hateful things that he was saying to me. Now I know that I have been in some pretty heated debates with others, but I try to never make it personal. But notice some of the quotes of one of the only JWs on the board currently, "DJEGGNOG"

You knew God, so you are going to die. Are your prepared to meet your God? Well you'd better "get ready to meet your God." (Amos 4:12) This is a meeting that is not going to go well for you, @brotherdan. You really should have left when you said you were leaving, because you cannot handle the mind-numbing influence that JWN can have on weak minds.

You couldn't possibly have used any of my arguments when you were associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. You are a fool, a fact that distinguishes you from me.

You wouldn't know even half of the things you think you were able to learn on your own by ready and studying the Bible for yourself without the help of Jehovah's organization and the Bible-based publications that you studied once upon a time. And now you're dissing Jehovah's organization as if what things you know as to the meaning of certain things in the Bible you didn't receive from Jehovah's organization, so "why do you boast as though you did not receive it"? (1 Corinthians 4:7)

If I were to tell you that I've been an elder for more than 20 years and that in all this time met I've never had any former Witness think that they could actually get away with saying what apostate things you have said to me. what would you say? I will expose you. Would it make you happy to learn that I think your mind to be "in the grip" of God's adversary and mine? If your mind has been totally overtaken, then you will never repent, which means that when you die, you are going to be dead forever.

You're living in a delusional state. I should feel pity for you, but I cannot really describe what I feel about you.

• minimus
    minimus

The answer: Only if they are told to be.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Mind-numbing effects? I'm flattered, I really am.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

This djeggnog guy must be a REALLY angry person. Seriously angry. How sad to live your life like that. And how is what he says showing Christ-like love? It sure isn't. I'm ashamed that I was in the same organization as this character.

It's funny, because by his response you would think that I wrote him a mean letter. I sent him a message that was NOTHING but encouraging. And non judgemental.

• sabastious
    sabastious

He reminds me of my cousin so much! Guns a blazing, sometimes makes sense... most of the time doesn't.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And now you're dissing Jehovah's organization as if what things you know as to the meaning of certain things in the Bible you didn't receive from Jehovah's organization, so "why do you boast as though you did not receive it"? (1 Corinthians 4:7)

That's my favorite comment. Everything I learned from the Bible from "Jehovah's organization" are things that I'm having to "un-learn". Whether you believe the bible to be true or not, the fact is, the Watchtower twists it. So no, I'm not thankful for the teachings that they gave me as a child.

• jay88
    jay88

Are true Christians the only ones who know what love is?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

No, I wasn't saying that. But for one to be considered a Christian John 13:35 requires them to be loving people. I know alot of loving atheists, agnostics, muslims, jews, etc...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Eggnog seems to be pretty frustrated....poor thing.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If you read other crap he's sent me, you wouldn't call him "poor thing".

When I was reading some of his rubbish, it brought back the feelings I got in never feeling "good enough" as a JW. No matter what I did, it was never enough. I always needed to find out ways to increase my activity. I was so burnt out at bethel. You just NEVER have down time. I think that's why SOOOOO many bethelites are alcoholics. I couldn't get enough alcohol when I was there. It was the ONLY way I could unwind. Most nights I didn't even get to sit down to relax til 11 or later at night.

And good ol' djeggnog brought back all those fine feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit