Is that podium thing unique to JW's? Do they build them?

by InterestedOne 30 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Curious? Since I look up word's use and origin does that make me an entomologist? Brownie points if you know

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

JW's have proudly touted for decades the fact that they teach the same lesson each week in every KH through out the world so it makes sense that every KH look the same and every speaker stand work the same. I'm surprised that the same public talk is not given is each KH each week and that uniforms are not required!

They preach unity but they practice uniformity!

just saying!

• Incognito
    Incognito

Because WT is a publishing corporation, they produced many publications over the years which congregation speakers are expected and required to refer to and quote when delivering their talks.

The lectern design chosen, provides additional space on the lower surface to place multiple publications for easy access by the speaker when delivering 'his' talk. If JWs relied only on the bible and an outline, there would little need for additional space for other publications so a single surface design would have likely been chosen.

• VM44
    VM44

This company makes the podiums seen in many Kingdom Halls.

They have been in business for over 38 years according to one internet source.

http://www.speakerstand.net/index.htm/speakerstand101.htm

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm surprised the watchtower hasn't came out with an article saying that they invented the wooden podium

Joliette ...

I'm surprised the watchtower hasn't come out with an article saying that they invented wood.

Rub a Dub

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

I have never thought of this... Maybe as I was born in I never questioned the existence and "uniqueness" of this article outside a KH. At least in Chile back in the day (early 2000s to 2010s) each KH had unique designs made locally by some carpenter brother ... Ones were crappy designs with just a bolt pressing on the wood leaving it with a pretty black stain mark and others were premium quality like the ones at the Assembly venues...

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I know at least one hall where the podium and all the stage furniture was hand made locally by a JW
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last

During those meetings the mind does wander and as a result you start to wonder about all sorts of things.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

That mind wandering! I used to envision how a model railroad would fit if you had a building that big. When small I watched a fly in a city auditorium ( remember when they rented for soecial talks) go from the audience to circle the speaker then back. Oh to have eyes half that good now. I cant remember the talk, but I am sure it was boring old light

• compound complex
    compound complex

Cleaners sanitize the lectern in the White House briefing room after a coronavirus briefing on March 16, the day Trump announced his 15-day guidelines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit