by sabastious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Fascinating topic Sab. What you say makes perfect sense to me

Thank you! I'm happy to help.

-Sab

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Sun is also our number one source for Vitamin D, required for the absorption of calcium and phosphate in the body. It also modulates neuromuscular function, reduces inflammation, and influences the action of many genes that regulate the proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis of cells.

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, especially above the 49th parallel, doctors are now recommending that we take vitamin D supplementation, especially during the winter months. The Geriatricians diagnosing my Father recommended that he take 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 per day.

Man Holding Sun

• sabastious
    sabastious

To add to your point Heaven Light Therapy, because of Vitamin D, can be a medical treatment for mood disorders.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If, somehow, we could transport someone directly to the sun they would turn to ash and disappear almost instantaneously; it is not a place for humans.

Congratulations - This may be the most scientifically profound statement that I have yet read here on JWN.

That said, whether or not the Sun is sentient or not it holds, possibly, some significant spiritual answers since we currently have no way to reach the sun.

And that, sadly, is NOT.

• unshackled
    unshackled

It has already been said, but I agree. The mystery and power of the sun for early humans gave birth to the roots of "religion".

Worshipping the sun makes complete sense when you understand early humans had no damn clue what it was. But they intrinsically knew their lives depended on it. The night sucked, but the sun was great!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...with all our technology and understanding, no one on this planet can prove to me that the Sun will to rise again tomorrow. We can estimate the probability of the Sun rising tomorrow morning since it has every day for all of our existence. Who knows really though?

As Heaven's picture of someone holding the sun shows us, it's all just in our point of view.
    The sun doesn't rise at all. I mean, it's hurtling through space according to the laws that it's position enforces upon it (like gravity).
    But it can be said that the sun doesn't actually "rise" at all.

We all know that, but still say the sun rises because we see it that way.

We outgrew sun-worship and we will outgrow all the silly worship still around today. Most of us know that such worships are silly, but many of us still use the language of worship because they still see things that way.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Congratulations - This may be the most scientifically profound statement that I have yet read here on JWN.

Hah! I used the term "stupidly simple" in my OP for a reason

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Worshipping the sun makes complete sense when you understand early humans had no damn clue what it was. But they intrinsically knew their lives depended on it. The night sucked, but the sun was great!

When I think about it, the Sun is the only God in human history that has actually done what the Religion says their God did without giving any evidence for such claims:

Cause of all Life
    Power to destroy all life
    Nemesis of darkness

This list goes on!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But it can be said that the sun doesn't actually "rise" at all.

Of course the sun doesn't actually rise, but our ancients didn't know that. And that's what this thread is about, really. I don't believe we have out grown sun worship, I think it just took on a different form.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

The sun "not rising one day" is a metaphor for the sun's light leaving the gallaxy; for whatever reason it ended up being.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit