England is poisoned for me

by highdose 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• poppers
    poppers

I'm still not clear on where you are living now.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I understand what you mean! Sometimes I wish we didn't live where we do now. NLW tells me that he wont let some silly religious people and family members ruin it for him as he likes it where we live. I wouldn't mind moving where I don't know anybody and I can do as I please.

NLW's wife

• White Dove
    White Dove

I know exactly what you mean. I did the same thing but for nosy under thumb family issues.

Had to escape. Escaping the tower came later, but it wouldn't have come if I didn't get away from my childhood home.

Moving 1,000's of miles away was the best thing EVER!

Sure, this last year has sucked, but that's just one year out of many that were very very good.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, High Dose, I am so sad to hear that the ugly behavior of the Watchtower Society chased you away from your homeland...

I moved away from the state in which I experienced so much misery - Colorado, U.S.A. - as I was exiting the cult.

I moved into California, then Montana. My strength grew as I put distance from my personal focus of the poisonous cult's teachings - the locations in Colorado where I'd been beaten and bullied into the religion; the location of my diseased, dysfunctional parents who were still in the cult...

THEN - we [hubby and I] moved BACK....

It took some time to get over it. As you said, there were "ghosts" - bad memories - that I had to deal with. For a time, I felt the "cult" personality attempting to reassert itself...

But I got over it. I'm happy that I did, and could remain here; Colorado is a beautiful place and I'd hate to miss out on all that natural beauty due to some blasted idiot old farts on the Gov.Bod - who are stuck in an unattractive area themselves, at this point.

For punishment, the Gov.Bod should be imprisoned in Brooklyn... Not allowed to move into upstate New York...

Zid

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Sorry for making that assumption, "in typical JW style".

I read your post again, and in a way I can relate, I don't like the congregation I am in and I had some problems with the elders. But still, I learned that in a congregation of 60-70 people, even if most are unfair and unkind, you can still find one or two with whom you can develop some kind of frienship (I say some kind because you can't tell them everything on your mind), and if you don't find them in your congregation, you can find them in another congregation or in the world.

Besides, the world is not made of JWs only, they are maybe 1 or 2 percent of the population in each country. I think that you associate the pain of being treated badly by jw's with the entire region where you lived. You shouldn't, really, it's not worth it, they aren't worth it.

But since you feel like that about England, I'm glad you found your place and your peace and that you fell happy where you live now.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    I'm still not clear on where you are living now.
  • VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    ...I learned that in a congregation of 60-70 people, even if most are unfair and unkind, you can still find one or two with whom you can develop some kind of frienship (I say some kind because you can't tell them everything on your mind), and if you don't find them in your congregation, you can find them in another congregation or in the world.

Besides, the world is not made of JWs only, they are maybe 1 or 2 percent of the population in each country. I think that you associate the pain of being treated badly by jw's with the entire region where you lived. You shouldn't, really, it's not worth it, they aren't worth it.

Sorry tia.dalma but I think you're full of **it.

The problem you refuse to see here is that the organization is rotten, top to bottom. No congregation is exempt. All of them are dangerous snakepits to some degree. The way everything is set up in BOrgdom allows for NO true friends on the inside; there is no such thing as uncondtional love. To have the love and acceptance of a congregation, you have to kiss a lot of butt, twist yourself into a pretzel and become something akin to an unfeeling psychopath. Many (not all) of the people are just pure poison! You must live by countless rules and stipulations that are a risk to your mental (and physical) wellbeing. It's all being run by iron fisted psychopaths at the top and they are tightening the screws all the time.

To sum it all up, there are no true friends among the JW's; there are too many strings attached. I hope you figure it out for yourself eventually...

V665V665

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

To have the love and acceptance of a congregation, you have to kiss a lot of butt,

Why want the love of the congregation?

In the world, do you have the love and acceptance of the people, no you don't, I don't, noone has it without doing something that others want you to do, even your parents won't love you if you don't do - to some degree- what they expect from you.

Why expect so much from the congregation?

there is no such thing as uncondtional love

Totally agree, but that is not only true for the witnesses, but also for the people in the world, just as the Bible said,

(Matthew 24:12)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Tia.dalma, the point is this...

In the Watchtower Society, you don't even have the LOVE OF YOUR OWN JEHOVAH'S WITNESS PARENTS, if the Watchtower Society SAYS SO...

Behave in a way that is out of line with Watchtower edicts, and you probably will lose your own Jehovah's Witness family...

THAT is the difference between a religion and a cult...

Zid

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

I wasn't talking about jw parents, but about parents in general, do you think your parents would love you the same if you would be a junky and spent all their money on drugs? No, they wouldn't.

If you would have gone to Harvard and made a great career and a lot of money afterwards they would have been prouder of you, probably love you more.

If parents behave like that, why do we expect from a group of strangers - the congregation - to behave differently?

In the end the world in general behaves like a cult - if you breake the rules, in any society, you are shunned, at work, at school, on your street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit