What sort of person is GB member Guy Pierce?

by VM44 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

what a grandfatherly type of man! It makes you wonder!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Barbara your a wealth of information, thanks for keep us up.

Look back I never knew or even cared who were part of the governing body I suppose because when I came in it was just one man at the helm Nathan Knorr. So when it switched later on to a body of men taking the lead I just fully trusted it was in God's hands. What an idiot all of us were to fall for the JW baloney they dished out to us starving spiritually hungry fools.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Doesn't look like Guy Pierce is free from accusation. Wonder how he made it to the top?

Another blunder by Holy Spirit.

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

The last time we went to the Memorial, Guy Pierce gave the talk. At the end of the talk we were expecting some upbuilding toughts, instead he said:" if any of you here tonight are here for the first time, or you only come Once a year for this nights celebration YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE THE GREAT DAY OF THE ALMIGHTY AND LIVE IN HIS PARADISE" then he went on about meeting attendance and Bible study etc... Well, my hubby and I looked at each other with a look that said ' I guess we're doomed then'. We left that night and vowed we would not be back. This leaves us in a quandry about Jesus command to" keep doing this in remembrance of me" We want to obey this command, but don't want to be a hypocrite and go to the KH for the Memorial........any thoughts?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

if any of you here tonight are here for the first time, YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE THE GREAT DAY OF THE ALMIGHTY AND LIVE IN HIS PARADISE"

If he actually said that, that would turn off newbies.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've heard comments just like this from COs on the platform, but not at the memorial. It does not surprise that he would say this though. JWs are just waiting for the change of message from one of hope (paradise earth) to one of judgement (you're all dead now).

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

JWs are just waiting for the change of message from one of hope (paradise earth) to one of judgement (you're all dead now).

Thats awful.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'll have to find the direct quote. But I know that I read that eventually the message will change.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Dan's right - the JWs have taught that one day they'll get the ok from HQ to start preaching: "you're doomed and are about to die". 'want an Awake? Want to Study? Too Late punks - should've sent in that request for a bible study on the tract my 7 year old left in your door next to the pizza flyer. Yeah - that was Jesus directing the work - can't say he didn't try to warn you.'

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

For those who only go to the K Hall once a year for Memorial, this was a scare tactic. Instead of loving us back into the fold.

No Honey , just vinegar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit