What sort of person is GB member Guy Pierce?

by VM44 47 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

DagothUr wrote:

Who are the sons and daughters of the GB members and what are their ocupations and fortunes?

I thought most of the GB didn't have children. Still, I see what you are saying. It could be other family members. I would like to know more background on these men.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Is he that Australian actor? The guy from Memento?

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I had Guy Pearce as a C. O. when I was a tween to teen. He always reminded me of Liberace when he talked. Not that they talked the same, but they both seemed to have a smile in their voice when they talked. We seemed to always get a home visit whenever the C. O came around. I remember when he came, he always seemed to be encouraging, and would let me read scriptures for him. Once we had him for lunch before one of those visits. My dad had just lost his job and we were not well off at all. My mom made him sandwiches and chips and apples. I remember her apologising profusely for not having anything better, and he was very kind about it, saying that always having a big lunch would get old, and it was a nice change to have something light, and then he thanked her for the delicious sandwiches.

When we got him, I thought the reason he always came to our house was because my mom was the PO's daughter, and he was there to encourage us about being part of Jehovah's organization. I can't even remember who the C. O. was we had next, but he came to our house, and when he was there, I realized he wasn't at our house because my mom was the PO's daughter, he was there because my dad had been inactive since I was two. Instead of reading encouraging scriptures and looking at the good side, he was reading things about what would happen when we fell away from "The truth", and I decided I hated them coming after that because I always felt like I was in trouble after whoever it was left.

I was really surprised when I found this site to find out that he made it to the GB. He always seemed too nice. Thinking back, he had a pretty hard-line stance, he just came across as very grandfatherly and nice about it all.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

thought most of the GB didn't have children. Still, I see what you are saying. It could be other family members. I would like to know more background on these men.

This stood out to me. All these years that we've given material support to people we've never met, nor seen in person. Anonymous men who've had so much influence in the direction of my life, including who I can marry, how I make a living, who I can or cannot have as friends, and even what medical treatment I can consider. I had a conversation with someone at the hall a couple weeks ago, and she was relaying to me a story about some people she knows. She mentioned that of these people has claimed to be of the annointed. What was telling in that conversation was she made it a point to emphasize to me that this woman is not one of the recent annointed. She did this to imply that this woman appears to be genuinely annointed, and not one of the newbies who are suspected frauds. I wanted to ask her at one point, who's to say she's still not suspect. Just because she tells people she's annointed doesn't make it true.

At the same time, I'm looking at the GB and other Bethel heavies, and the same criteria can be applied towards them. Its unsettleling to consider that all these years we've allowed a bunch of anonymous men dictate the direction in our lives. We don't know anything about them, their families, how they got to where they are, and yet we hang on their every word as if it was from God Himself. When you think about it, accepting the WT's words as the word of God is the equivalent of excepting Larsinger, AGuest, OBVES, and other anonymous posters as God's communication. No disrespect to any of those posters, but if anyone hangs on their words as truth, you're on dust.

• pirata
    pirata

w001/1p.29NewMembersoftheGoverningBody

Guy Pierce raised a family and then with his wife started pioneering in April 1982. He served as a circuit overseer from 1986 until 1997, when he and his wife, Penny, became part of the United States Bethel family. Brother Pierce had been serving as a helper to the Personnel Committee.

• brotherdan
  • brotherdan
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The following statement is misleading: "Guy Pierce raised a family and then with his wife started pioneering in April 1982. He served as a circuit overseer from 1986 until 1997, when he and his wife, Penny."

I was told that Penny, an Asian woman, is Pierce's second wife and that's the wife he started to pioneer with in April 1982. His first marriage ended in a bitter divorce. Pierce had to appear before a judicial committee because of accusations made by his wife which the committee counseled him for, but no action was taken against him. I know some of the details but prefer not to air them because there are two sides to every story. I don't know how many children Pierce has and don't know if any of his first family are, any longer, JWs. If what I write is monitored by anybody in Bethel it is my hope that someone will remind Guy that nothing in this group remains secret forever, especially since so many elders are leaving the organization that know what went on in committee hearings and are beginning to share the secrets.

In my article, "Discoveries of Barbara Anderson," http://www.freeminds.org/organization/barbara-anderson/the-discoveries-of-barbara-anderson.html, I said the following:

"Within the inner sanctums of congregations and circuits, dirty little secrets continued, and, for some unknown reason, protection of abusers was business as usual. One particularly nasty secret concerned personal instructions sent out in 1992 from one of the Governing Body members, who Harry was certain was Ted Jaracz, to a few very well-known circuit and district overseers to meet with and compel abuse victims to remain silent about their abuse or be disfellowshipped. In Harry Peloyan’s office in 1994, I, along with my husband, Joe, thumbed through a file folder full of complaining letters, which came to headquarters from across the country about the situation. Interestingly, the name of one intimidating circuit representative mentioned frequently in those letters is now a member of the Governing Body."

I've identified that circuit overseer in other articles or blogs as Guy Pierce, who was called into Bethel by Jaracz when too many complaints came into Bethel about his participation in the persecution of child abuse victims. Pierce was assigned to the Service Department where he was scrutinized to see if he was 100% a company man and remained there until being appointed one of the GB.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thanks for posting that Barabara.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Wow Andersonsinfo, thankyou for that information. So he's had a lot to do with the participation in the persecution of child abuse victims!! Very interesting indeed.... Now we know exactly what type of guy he is ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit