Does John 3:16- disprove core JW beliefs

by elderelite 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

I have been amazed time again at what I find simply reading the bible, free of JW footnotes. Recently I read the first five or six chapters of John's gospel and found some things that stood out. Of course I'm sure I'm not the first, second or one hundreth to note this, but its all part of the process

John 3:16 refers to EVERYONE gaining everlasting life. As you continue to read just a chapter over, we come to the account of the samaritian woman at the well. Jesus tells her that who ever drinks the water I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water i will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life...

Wait a second!!!!!!! according to dubbie theology, only the annointed "have a foutain of water bubbling up from within"... its what they describe as imortality. 144,000 only. I'm sure blondie or others can supply appropriate quotes, but that is current teaching. Only the annointed have that life within themselves. if we let the bible interpret itself EVERYONE gets that foutain bubbling from within! and yet, we use that to convince people of life forever on earth. Complete fraud!

These verses have NOTHING to do with pandas and tigers and people living on earth forever even as JW's teach it... they clearly say EVERYONE gets the same hope... the fraud is SO clear when free of the cult mentality, and yet if I showed this to my wife, she would recoil. but its so clear. EVERYONE gets everlasting life, not EVERYONE gets everlasting life BUT some on earth, some in heaven...

Then when you read along and you get to Jesus saying he has others who are not of this flock, he says they become ONE flock, one shepheard. NOT one flock two hopes, the whole point was unity. One flock, one shepheard. Everyone treated the same... The Book of John runs totally contrary to everything JW's teach.. all right there, black and white.. my God what deception.

• tec
    tec

I don't really have anything to add. Just happy for you.

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Scary how deceptive its been isnt it?

Loz x

• moshe
    moshe

Sounds like you have the basis for a wonderful memorial talk, elderlite. Here's your chance to make a stand- good luck.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Take the watchtower's tinted glasses off and it all becomes very clear. Preparing a memorial talk in 2009 was a major part of my awakening.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Cantleave - The same thing happened for me. It was preparing for the 2009 Memorial talk that awakened me too!!

I couldn't find any place where the bible spoke of "respectful observers".....I couldn't wrap my head around it!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hey elderelite, you are absolutely on track, brother. Wait until you get to John 14. Talk about blowing Borg theology out of the water!

It was one of the chapters that helped wake my wife up. I think it was our third Family Worship Night of JUST reading and discussing the Bible.

• wasblind
    wasblind

marked

• carla
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

The GOJ has SO MUCH the puts the kaibish on JW doctrines, it's kind of hard to know where to start or stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit