Does John 3:16- disprove core JW beliefs

by elderelite 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

DJEggnong, you never answer my questions. But please just answer these few.

1. Are you born of God?

2. Does the Holy Spirit live in you?

3. Do you feel condemned?

• Terry
    Terry

I think John 3:16 is an example of a glaring error, personally.

God SO LOVED THE WORLD.

Really? Since WHEN?

God has been killing the population of world since times immemorial. Sometimes directly and sometimes by agency.

Man is corrupt from his youth up and yet is expected to recognize the beauty of an innocent man (Jesus) suffering an agonizing death.

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

Justice requires we get WHAT WE DESERVE not what we DON'T.

Jesus got what he did not.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh dear Terry. Shame shame...

• tec
    tec
    Man is corrupt from his youth up and yet is expected to recognize the beauty of an innocent man (Jesus) suffering an agonizing death.

The beauty is not that an innocent man suffered an agonizing death.

The beauty is that he laid down his life for those he loved. Love - unselfish and completely un-self-serving - is beautiful.

Tammy

• tec
    tec
    Justice requires we get WHAT WE DESERVE not what we DON'T.

Thankfully, we have mercy bestowed upon us as well. Mercy which forgives, rather than exacts a price - eye for eye. I don't think any of us would be liking what we actually 'deserve'.

Tammy

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@brotherdan:

DJEggnong, you never answer my questions. But please just answer these few.

1. Are you born of God?

2. Does the Holy Spirit live in you?

3. Do you feel condemned?

What is it that made you decide to hijack @elderelite's thread? I joined this thread to post a response in order to give a different point of view to the things the OP said in his opening post, but I believe you have to know that these questions you're asking me here were completely off-topic, and yet you've ask them. ok.

Tell you what: I'm going to answer all three (3) of your questions with a single question: Why do you wish to know these things? If you are genuinely interested in pursuing a discussion regarding these questions, let me know in this thread that you've PM'd me and we'll have that discussion there, so that it doesn't end up going off the rails because folks with an ax to grind against the WTS or might be holding a grudge against one or more of the local elders that didn't think he or she was repentant will make me their voodoo doll and use me as a pin cushion for their pins, and your discussion will surely go off the rails as I end up being responsible for every gripe, criticism, injustice, wrong word and untoward action ever taken against them.

There are many mentally ill folks that regularly post message to JWN; I won't name any names, but I'm sure you know who these people are. They are often found saying things that are totally illogical and those who, like me, weren't able to comprehend what they said either will applaud them anyway as if what was said had any merit, or, to put this in another way, I see all of this As JWN Turns. If I should detect that you're mentally unstable, I'm going to inform you what I've concluded privately in a PM.

I'm known by some folks to be fiercely cruel as I don't really know how to be kind to the mentally unstable. Now Jehovah is kind and I can be kind. Jehovah is tolerant and I can be tolerant. Jehovah is patient and I know how to be patient, too, He Jehovah is also long-suffering and I'm nothing like Him, for I'll not forswear taking someone's head off when I believe someone to be a nutcase that deserves decapitated. (I truly believe I'm imperfect.) I realize (now) that I have a PM from you, @brotherdan, to which I've yet to respond, but this is because you sent it to me a month ago and I didn't know it even existed until I discovered it last week, which is why I've asked you to let me know in this thread if you should decide to PM me with an answer to my question so that I'll know it's there waiting.

@djeggnog

• snowbird
    snowbird

What did Djeggnog say?

LOL.

Syl

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I love it when JW's list all of Jehovah's alleged good qualities while totally ignoring the fact that he never seemed to be able to get through a single chapter of dictation to his secretaries without going batshit crazy bi-polar 3 or 4 times.

Let's see, which will it be, the nice loving god with the holy mountain where the vicious lions he created will no longer need those flesh-ripping teeth he gave them to tear into defenseless, scared-shitless baby calves that strayed too far from it's mother, or will it be the one who flies into a rage at the slightest hint that his glory is going to someone else?

• designs
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dj is really a ninja, it's quite evident by how evasive and slippery he is, LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit