Awake!: For Idiots - Or Just Written By Them?

by metatron 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Good Grief!

How dumb can this future landfill waste magazine get? Take a look at the March issue, "Five Keys To Better Health". It's filled with paragraph headlines such as:

"Do Not Eat Too Much" really? Never gave it any thought. What an amazing insight.

"Get Enough Rest" Brothers, I've noticed that I get very tired every night and often experience a loss of consciousness for 8 hours or so. Is that OK?

"Avoid Injuring Yourself" - after driving nails into my hand, it feels so good to stop. Is that bad?

Perhaps future articles will instruct you on finding your derriere using both hands. Or the folly of urinating into a strong wind.

I can see that getting people to habitually switch into a sort of 7 year old mentality probably saves the Watchtower a lot of headaches. Slow down all that thinking and maintain control.

metatron

• satinka
    satinka

A wake!: For Idiots - Or Just Written By Them?

ummmm...both!

satinka

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well if it's written by idiots wouldn't idiots be their target audience?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Compared to the wealth of information on the internet, the WTBTS publications look increasingly empty and childish.

Obviously, the target audience are the young, poor, uneducated and people in third world countries.

... and the stubbornly foolish.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"Avoid Injuring Yourself" - after driving nails into my hand, it feels so good to stop. Is that bad?

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/164390_1817939569334_1265461227_32112345_3326169_s.jpg

Damn why didnt I read the magazine earlier.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The articles have become so simplistic it is rediculous!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Evangelical, biblical Christianity has a wealth of scholarship and world class speakers/writers. I cringe at the foolishness of the Watchtower and my heart goes out to its victims. Jesus, not religion, is what JWs should really be looking for (Jesus is Jehovah, the truth that will set free and give eternal life).

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Reading of the Awake magazine is said to give a person the equivalent of a university degree;

- this could well be true, if that degree happened to be a Bachelor of Stupidity.

Bill.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Look at the pretty pictures!

• designs
    designs

godruiz- Have you read literature from the Churches, it ain't much better....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit