How were Rutherford's Cadillacs purchased?

by InterestedOne 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How did Rutherford feel about enjoying the comforts of air conditioning while others nearby had to endure?

So he should have declined the gift? I guess that would have been a noble thing to do. I wouldn't expect it of him though.

-Sab

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The car was similar to the one driven by Capone but whether it was armor-plated or not is debatable. I have never seen anything to that effect although one could draw that concl;usion when reading the cars were similar. Al Jolson, Robert Montgonery and Marlene Dietrich also had similar cars but the context of the text is that they are refering to the v-16 cars - not armor plating. That info comes from JWs: Their claims... p 216 and is referencing Special Interest Autos #92 Apr. 1986 p 21

Interestingly the book JW: Their Claims says that the Jan 9, 1931 article in the San Diego Sun says that in a two-car garage:

stands a new, yellow 16-cylinder coupe. . .

So it was a new car, not a used one handed down to him. And really from what we know about Rutherford would he even have accepted a used car - Cadillac or not?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    A story that was shared with me many long years ago was that someone who had become very very wealthy via ownership of Coca Cola bottling rights - sold for a small royalty fee per bottle - in those days they actually used glass bottles - became converted to the WTS - think he may have lived back in Iowa somewhere because this elder that knew him hailed from that area - and he delighted in giving Rutherford "gifts" as well as donating large sums of money to the WTS - he probably thought this was a manner in which he could serve God and it was apparently easy enough for him to do - I remember also being told his daughter worked for Rutherford as a secretary - wondering if that could have been Bonnie Boyd. Someone who knows how to research these things can probably verify all this for us - because for me it is simply part of the rumor mill - but if this is so the old man was able to keep an eye on how his monies were being used that way obviously, a savvy move and as I remember he provided the money for the mansion. That Bonnie's husband's name would be on the deed makes sense if this is the case.
    Anyway it always tickles my funny bone when I think about the fact that Coca Cola money helped finance the WTS empire - because I view Coca Cola as one of the devil's inventions. Just kidding but it doesn't truthfully contribute to anyone's physical health and the original formula did contain cocaine. The formula was on Yahoo news channel not too long ago. Think the drug was eliminated in about 1904 or something like that. But that history makes it even more amusing.

I read that too Old salty...

Snoozy

• Farkel
    Farkel

saltyoldlady,

: A story that was shared with me many long years ago was that someone who had become very very wealthy via ownership of Coca Cola bottling rights - sold for a small royalty fee per bottle - in those days they actually used glass bottles - became converted to the WTS - think he may have lived back in Iowa somewhere because this elder that knew him hailed from that area - and he delighted in giving Rutherford "gifts" as well as donating large sums of money to the WTS - he probably thought this was a manner in which he could serve God and it was apparently easy enough for him to do

This has been researched and discussed at length. You are close to the facts, but you don't state them correctly. I suggest you read the archives on this board because I'm unwilling to summarize them for you.

: I remember also being told his daughter worked for Rutherford as a secretary - wondering if that could have been Bonnie Boyd.

She was Heath's daughter-in-law. Read the archives.

:Someone who knows how to research these things can probably verify all this for us

Someone who knows how to read can easily find all the relevant facts in the archives on this board.

:- because for me it is simply part of the rumor mill - but if this is so the old man was able to keep an eye on how his monies were being used that way obviously, a savvy move and as I remember he provided the money for the mansion. That Bonnie's husband's name would be on the deed makes sense if this is the case.

Bonnie HERSELF signed the deed and she was only 21!

:Anyway it always tickles my funny bone when I think about the fact that Coca Cola money helped finance the WTS empire - because I view Coca Cola as one of the devil's inventions.

That's a leap of logic: Man makes money from his Atlanta Coca Cola Franchise. Man spends money for the benefit of Judge Rutherford. Therefore, Coca Cola money helped finance the WTS empire and is one of the devil's inventions!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

: Just kidding.

I was just kidding, also. (You could be right!)

:but it doesn't truthfully contribute to anyone's physical health and the original formula did contain cocaine. The formula was on Yahoo news channel not too long ago. Think the drug was eliminated in about 1904 or something like that. But that history makes it even more amusing.

It didn't contain enough cocaine to get your average one-celled organism high. Why? Did you get high with it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Just kidding!)

Farkel, Sparkle CLASS

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Farkel - I can read but first I would have to find my reading glasses and sometimes I just can't find them because they cannot be seen when sitting on the top of my head. Read the archives you say - Good Lord, man - do you think I have another 76 years of life left in me to sit around reading the mountain of archives here? And if the money came through the Boyd family assets and the Boyd family married into the Heath family - there is still a connection there. But I am satisfied with your conclusion that the money came from the Heath family - it doesn't really matter where it came from - what matters was that it was a terrible waste of funds that could and should have been used for the King's work.

And re my "leap of logic" - man makes money from Coca Cola and man uses that money for WTS - no lack of logic there - thus Coca Cola helped support the WTS even tho unintentionally. The logic leap my dear boy was your own - you assumed that the reason I suggested Coca Cola was one of the devil's inventions was that it helped support the WTS. Sorry I led you to that inference because that thought never even entered my brain (or lack of brain as you assume) but my reason for calling it one of the devil's inventions was solely based on its physiological effects upon human body chemistry. Now do you want to wrangle with me on that subject? Save it for a different thread.

But no I have never tried cocaine myself - have had many Bible Studies with those who were users and it is ever so heartbreaking to watch what the addiction does to one's life. AS far as there not being enough cocaine to get a one-celled organism high there was enough to help the designer of the formula to deal with his dependency problems so where is your logic, dear brother? Perhaps you have never studied the subject of homeopathy - it doesn't take a "whole lot" to have amazing effects.

Loving your directness - blessings upon you, your ever lovin grandma.

• Farkel
    Farkel

saltyoldlady.

Love your style! I'm serious. You are very likable!

: do you think I have another 76 years of life left in me to sit around reading the mountain of archives here?

Red herring. You could hone in on the answers you seek in less than 30 minutes if you learned how to use the archives here. LEARN TO USE THE ARCHIVES! It's not that difficult!

Given that, I won't take the time left in my life to regurgitate it for you. I'm old also, and I'm on a dying fast-track. COPD to be exact. It is the third largest cause of death in the USA. It is always fatal and there is no cure. But there is another and more fundamental reason. One of the things I've learned to hate about dubs and some ex-dubs is their laziness and their "entitlement" mentality. They expect every piece of information to be spoon-fed to them. They are lazy asses. I made my comment to you to inspire you to exert just a little bit of effort yourself. Not even to ask you to do any original research as I and many others have done (which takes hundreds and hundreds of hours to do), but to just check out the research that has already been done by myself and others.

Since we have done almost all the hard work, why do you think it is too much to ask you to do some of the soft work, but to ask us after all of our hard work to then do even more work and spoon-feed it back to you because you want answers but don't want to be bothered to find them?

That was all I was saying.

I've never tried concaine myself, either. There is only one reason for that. I might like it. In fact, I probably WOULD like it. That is why I would never try it or any other illegal drug.

Farkel, Research CLASS

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Hey Farkel - I admit it - I am lazy. Too many years being part of the WTS - does that sound like a good excuse? LOL. And I realized after I had posted that reply that probably the archives are indexed per subject matter. I will do some exploring and poking around - even for me to be using the Internet is a big new experience and there is LOTS I have yet to learn about how to negotiate my way around - even to use all those little boxes above my screen here - most of it is like a foreign language to me.

Sorry about the COPD - I know firsthand what that is like because I myself battle it. But I haven't accepted it as a death sentence yet.........When I find the miracle cure I'll let you know - in the meantime we just keep trusting in the Lord, one day at a time, sometimes an hour or a minute at a time. Came near to going to ER room last night but decided - aw heck - they would just keep me waiting for hours in a cold reception room - I've been through that one many times before - think I'll just die at home warm and comfy in my own bed (not truly so comfy when one can't breathe) but guess what - I managed to keep chugging - Jehovah has given me one more day to live. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

• blondie
    blondie

SIMONY

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

They were gifts from Geronimo

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Perhaps he has sold all the bottles that Booze Jo he had consumed, back to the companies and with the money he bought the cars!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit