How were Rutherford's Cadillacs purchased?

by InterestedOne 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

But we don't really know the year Rutherford's cars came out.

The pictures above with him beside the are were taken in certain years 1928, 1930 and 1931 But that doesn't mean the cars were made in those years - just that he had them.

I think on another thread about the car I recall someone saying that the v16s didn't come out until a certain year. That I think would leave the 1928 car out as a v16

• TD
    TD

Lady Lee,

The slight changes in styling make model years pretty easy to identify, especially if you're into cars.

You're right that the Cadillac V16 only became available in this general time frame. The Cadillac V16 went into design in 1925 when Larry Fischer took control of GM. The first production models were in 1930.

(The vehicle pictured in 1928 is a Lincoln, not a Cadillac and Lincoln didn't offer a V16 as far as I know.)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It has already been shown in past research that the Judge kept one of his 12 cylinder Cadillacs in New York and the other one in San Diego.

I think TD is right though that picture of him getting into that car is indeed a Lincoln and not a Cadillac.

Farkel could present where it was established that he had one of the Cadillacs in New York.

• TD
    TD

The caption from the July 1931 Messenger about "Alighting on Ohio soil" after a drive from headquarters "in New York City" is probably one piece of evidence. --Maybe Farkel has more.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The puzzling question is why was he standing with a two door coupe and a 4 door sedan in front of Beth Sarim ?

That picture of him climbing into that car posted by TD is definitely a Lincoln, you can tell by the front bumper.

Cadillacs of that era had two pieces to make up the bumper itself where Lincolns had a singular piece that was

split in the center.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Here is a picture of a 1929 Lincoln, notice the split bumper at the front, this a Sport Convertible Touring version mind you,

but the bumpers are the same on the more common sedans.

It would be perceivedable that he had or was given the use of these luxury cars by other wealthy folowers of the WTS.

The rich always looked out for other rich folks as a form of social status even in bogus religious inspired publishing companies.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

good eyes fellows. I used to be into cars and love vintage but I can't recognize them easily

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Being that Rutherford had complete control of the WTS. financial wealth as the acting President, including the real-estate owned by the WTS.

He had allot of money to play around with.

I still find it surprising that He flagrantly indulged in these excessive items of luxury when I'm sure most of the cloned JWS

were dirt poor working class folks, whom he exploited and manipulated.

Were they so delusional brain washed they couldn't see what was occurring toward this fraudulent charlatan ?

Added to the fact that he was an alcoholic womanizer who was separated from his wife.

I guess so.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

"You wanted to know about a dead man's wealth; he had none. He had gifts and if someone should give you a $10,000 ring or a $100,000 car, that wouldn't make you wealthy. You would just be the owner of a $10K ring and a $100K car."

Could you explain what you mean. If I own alot of things, money houses cars ect. Do you not consider me wealthy. Or do you first examine how I came to have these things? Are you saying gifts don't count, I don't think the tax man views it the same way do you?

"You wanted to know about a dead man's wealth"

You've mentioned this sort of thing before as if people should'nt discuss what happened because he's dead. Maybe I misread how you feel. But I think you've probably been in history lessons and discussed dead people and how they acted. Hitler, ect. Enlighten me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

thetrueone,

: Farkel could present where it was established that he had one of the Cadillacs in New York.

Professor Ed Gruss. It was in one of his books which I don't have at hand right now. It still makes logical sense, though. Why would Da Judge need TWO vehicles for his own personal transportation of the caliber and outrageous cost as his v-16 Cadillacs when he also had a Lincoln as a back-up? Each of those cars cost more then 10 TIMES as much as a brand new Ford! The book which I had as my source might have been the "Monuments to False Prophecy" or the "Four Presidents." That was my reference. Ed Gruss authored both of them.

Ed Gruss is a respected researcher, mind you. I've spoken with him, too. He's also a very nice old gentlemen, transparent, gracious and very approachable.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit