CO's putting the screws on elder bodies, and ministerial servants to auxilliary pioneer this April.

by miseryloveselders 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

I just wish I hadda come across all this information before I got baptized. I could have avoided a whole lot of unneccesary stress and nonsense.

I could not write it better.

• out4good3
    out4good3

that carefully crafted study is spcifically designed to keep you away from information like this. Early on in the study, they tell you that Satan will be looking to trip you up and that you should ignore any warnings from your family. They are masters at "poisoning the well".

Your statement brings back memories, I could remember my family also telling me not to get involved with the witnesses. The fatal flaw was that they couldn't tell me why.

Now, with instant information at your fingertips on the web, anyone who doesn't practice diligence and really look into what this organization has done to people over time.....

Shame on them when they are finally cognizant and see what this organization is really about.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I have been thinking of setting up an information table @ Walmart to counter the JW table they set up there in summer ......maybe April would be a GOOD time :) ..."

OOOOOOOO...!!

Troubled Mind, that is an absolutely FANTASTIC idea!!!

Eight thumbs up!!!

Zid - who apparently is an octopus now, as well as a she-devil...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

MrF: "Didn't you fools read that scripture in Luke where Jesus commands his disciples to go out preaching for 30 hours in April?"

That's where Jesus said that his yoke was "pioneering" and his load was 30 hours. Right?

@MLE: At one point, I had the "privilege" of being the one elder that didn't AP while while all the other elders signed up for one month. Nobody said a word to me about it except late in the month when one retiree pioneer brother had the poor sense to bring it up as we were standing around in a large group. Of course I could easily remind all of them, "tell you what, after any of you spend 16 years in the full-time service, come back and we'll talk about sacrificing opportunities for career, marriage, and having children. Then we can have a conversation about the "sacrifice" of Aux. Pioneering for one month." That shut him up.

• Listener
    Listener
    Out4good3 said
    I've already warned her that I'm not going to be one of those husbands who stay at home twiddling his thumbs while she goes out socializing with her pioneer buddies all the time if she wants to do this long term.

I love your dry sense of humour, did she just blink her eyes at you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit