Is it just human nature to gossip or are JW's worse? Feelings are hurt....

by mamalove 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

It is so strange how once you distance yourself from your kingdom hall and friends, that they find it necesary to discuss and contemplate your departure and put out all kinds of statements that simply are not true.

I am licking my wounds today because some kind of nasty things were said about me to a friend of mine who is DF, from her ubber righteous sister. It was via text, so it was there to read. The thing I can't figure out is I have nothing to do with this woman. I was not friends with her, and she made comments that I was "bad news" and that I blame Jehovah for things. Where is she geting this from? Even you all have read my comments and I rarely speak about "Jehovah" in general. She said it is not Jehovah's fault I married an idiot.... I am just perplexed where she got this from!

So I believe my DF friend and I were the topic of discussion at a recent superbowl party where lots of shall we say "pretenders" were present. You know, the ones that are considered weak, but stay in for social reasons and because they are weak thinkers and just do the minimum or to please others.

I know I should not let it bother me, but I am not a robot, and dammit my feelings were hurt being called bad news. I have never spread any seeds of doubt or tried to pull other JW's away from their lies. I guess it could have been alot worse. It just stung. I need to get a thicker skin. Thanks for letting me vent!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    She said it is not Jehovah's fault I married an idiot...

mamalove...I'm so sorry. They can really hurt you when they try, huh? I think the gossip trend is encouraged in the organization. If someone "goes apostate" then everyone wants to talk about it, and judge the person. How sad it is that the JWs are the actual apostates...But I digress.

You don't deserve that treatment. And especially from someone that you were never close friends with.

YOU ARE NOT BAD NEWS!!! You have brightened my day on MANY occasions. Your posts are refreshing and honest. And yet they are sweet and delicate. Do you know what I call bad news? Someone who passive/agressively sends text messages calling other people names and insulting the spouse of that person.

There's another word I call those people, but I will hold my tongue. It just really makes me angry. You are so sweet and don't deserve that.

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

They can go rot somewhere with all that crap, they don't know your life. They feel they have the right to talk about you with their holier than thou logic...I've been where you are and it makes me sick. It's not fair, nobody's talking about them so they should mind their own business...sorry but that's just one of my pet peeves, didn't mean to go off like that :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Folks gossip to make themselves feel better about their sorry lives. It's as simple as that.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Gossip is all they have to talk about other than their JW stuff. Think about it. They aren't involved in their community, the local school board, political parties, charitable endeavors, or even pop culture. Other than what the latest WT says, or "the end is soooo close now", or what happened in field service this week, they have NOTHING but GOSSIP. You just happen to be the juicy one this week. Laugh it off.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Witnesses like to keep busy gossiping to divert attention off their own lives. It makes some people feel good to bring others down. Try not to let it bother you Mama Love, it just shows what you're missing out on...same old, same old. Being talked about behind your back. But now you don't have to pretend to be these people's friends.

Some former JWs were gossiping about me, saying I was having an affair with an elder's kids even though I haven't been to meetings in amost a year and hadn't talked to these former witnesses for years. Seriously!? I had to laugh at them, who makes that garbage up?

My husband was also recently talked about for having a beard, saying he looked like a Muslim. This spread around a few halls. Seriously, these people must have boring lives if we're the topic of conversation.

Just know that you're not "bad news." Keep your head up and live an amazing life. They'll see that they are the ones missing out on having a real life.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I recently learned that good friends even made LUNCH DATES with each other specifically to discuss me. Cuz the were concerned! Cuz they wanted to figure out ways to encourage me! Cuz they cared!

I wasn't invited though. They were much better able to encourage, care and be concerned about me if I was not actually present. LOL

I'm not bitter though. I'm baffled. Yet I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them.

They didn't even bring me a doggy bag...

• willyloman
    willyloman

Dub life is all about being judgmental. As dubs, we owned judgmentalism, it's what dubs do and they're really good at it. After you leave dubdom, you quickly realize you've been freed from the need to judge every person you meet by holding them up to impossible standards.

• Joliette
    Joliette

JW's always try to act like other people are bad, but little do they know, they are just as bad.

Oh were not like them, were different, blah blah blah.

• Reality79
    Reality79

It's just typical Dub behaviour. Nothing new. That's one of the many reasons why I left that nasty organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit