Attended The Watchtower Study Today (GAG ALERT)

by im stuck in 35 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Pirata, the study today almost made me feel guilty for getting so caught up in the 70's push, thinking that we were near the end....I really think they were laying the guilt trip on anyone that served with the end in mind.

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Oh, the joys of Facebook I didn't attend but get to hear this schlock regularly - I had one friend who posted on his page something to the effect of 'how the WT really slammed false Christians and that true Christians are the only ones who will win.' Wow, I didn't know it was a contest.

Mac n Cheese

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hearing things from those of you who go to the meetings is having a kind of weird effect on me...I feel like I am missing out on something by being away for so long. But I have no suitable clothes to wear and no ride to the hall, well actually I know of an elder I could call who would most likely give me a ride, but no Jacket to wear- they would think I'm being a rebel! Part of me is curious to see what it would be like to attend a meeting again. Does anyone understand what I am feeling?

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Hello Factfinder, it sounds like you might be developing a nasty case of Stockholm Syndrome. Watch your back.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Factfinder: "Part of me is curious to see what it would be like to attend a meeting again. Does anyone understand what I am feeling?"

On rare occassions I have the burning desire to go back to the Ding Dong Hall and yell at the top of my lungs:

1914! 1914! Rah-rah-rah!

1914! 1914! Ha-ha-ha!

1914! 1914! Blah-blah-blah!

I think I could get the whole thing out before being catapulted out the door.

Villabolo

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I went today for the first time in well over 6 months. I got up to clear my heard around paragraph 12 and came back after 15. I had a hard time with the WHOLE meeting. Did not really follow along with the study either. It is ALL hard for me to swallow right now. Someone commented that "we" were the only organization to use Jehovah's name. I wanted to go up to them after and tell them to Google it and they would find that "we" are NOT the only organization that uses it.

It was a bittersweet meeting for me. I had many good friends there who smiled at me, even a couple who said hello......family who mouthed "I Love You" from across the room. It made it SO much harder for me to be there. I know that they mean well......but when they are nice to me it makes me want to cry. which I did and had to walk out of the main room before the first prayer was even said.

FUNNY NOTE......There was a brother and his wife there whom last I knew were not attending meetings. Of course that was a year ago, maybe more. So, I see him stand up and he has a mic in his hand during the watchtower study. I looked at my hubby and whispered "Holy Shit he's got mic duty". Both my hubby and I bust a gut as I realized I just said SHIT during meeting. LMAO

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was waiting for someone to say, some can no doubt sell their homes and finish out the last days in full time service.

If I was still in and fading I think I would start making over the top statements like that, as a form of reverse psychology. ie "It is even closer than it was in 1974. In 1974 Witnesses sold their homes to spend their last months of this system in God's service, and we should do the same."

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm far too shy to make any kind of comments at all!

I guess being away for so long is starting to get to me- I was a witness for 30 years. But I don't believe in it anymore. Well, part of me still does. I have double cognitive dissonence: as a jw I was trying to keep convincing myself to believe in it and go to meetings, fs etc AND, now- trying to convince myself it is ALL WRONG.

I have found out so much from this forum. But I think it is the hatred, and sarcasm and extreme negativity towards the w on the part of so many thats getting to me. I used to love being a witness and now I have nothing. So part of me is saying: go back to the cult where you belong! Oh well, I'm sure it will pass!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Never in my life can I think of attending a meeting again. No way. I had had anough of it. I thanks those that have the stamina to make it for a reason.

Scott77

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What did you think of the last sentence of par 16........

'We are zealous for true worship.' Ya right!

And then to help the many who apparently are having a problem with the 'new light' on the generation, par 17 says.....'Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah's day seems to be delayed (another 30 or 40 years), we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit