Attended The Watchtower Study Today (GAG ALERT)

by im stuck in 35 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

How long before more long time witnesses tire out from waiting and fade away too?

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Im Stuck,

I truly understand where your coming from. It is enough to make you gag. For many years people have been suffering for real spiritual food but offers nothing. I felt that way for a long time, and then left. I never felt good in the organization because Jehovah never approved of the way His people were being handled. After my own research of scripture, it help me to understand something: Amos 8:10,11 - "Look! There are days coming,' is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 'and I will send a famine into the land, a famine not for bread, and a thirst, not for water, but for hearing the words of Jehovah. 12th vs - And they will certainly stagger from sea all the way to sea, and from north even to the sunrise. They will keep roving about while searching for the word of Jehovah, but they will not find it."

That pretty much sums up what the real feeling has become for many, but I pray they will somehow have the courage and strength to get out

Good thread - Im Stuck in

Fact Finder - Don't give up my friend, I know its tough. I have been out since the mid-80's, and it hurts me deeply after all these years that my parents and I miss the other half of our family, but there are clues and hints that show they are getting tired. I pray for them every day. I have alot of tough days, but I still maintain hope, you have to. Hang in there!!

Happy Trails! Truth and Justice

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is a perfect tie-in with the reduced aux pio hours for memorial season....
    i remember being happified when i could aux pio, as rare as it was...

one sure way to boost the yearly total is to have a nice bump from the
    "special provision".... the b0rg is filled with some clever manipulators,
    that is a dead certainty

• nugget
    nugget

god help them all groan.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was waiting for someone to say, some can no doubt sell their homes and finish out the last days in full time service.

At first this was funny...and then I realized...someone could very well say this and get the approving head nods from the rest of the audience.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Brotherdan: So true and that is the scariest part of all. stuck in

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If I was still in and fading I think I would start making over the top statements like that, as a form of reverse psychology. ie "It is even closer than it was in 1974. In 1974 Witnesses sold their homes to spend their last months of this system in God's service, and we should do the same."

I think it's time to move on from this specific argument.

I have always questioned the people who followed that ridiculous sentiment from the Watchtower. It is a testament to the Watchtower's conditioning process more so than "a detrimental thing to say." If the Witnesses were not so mind controlled then no one would have sold their homes whether the Watchtower encouraged it or not.

The parental "jump of bridge" cliche comes to mind.

That's not to minimize that profound effect the Watchtower conditioning process, it is as potent as they come.

-Sab

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is exactly the same message as in the 1960s--since 1872. The end is coming, and you had better make the most of the short time you have before Armageddon. Trouble is, it has been more than 135 years, and still no sign of the end coming. And, they are still in this fake emergency--and will continue in a fake emergency until they themselves die. At which point, another generation of witlesses will pick up on the fake emergency.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

we want to honor God's name and help people to come to know his will.

Then don't let them within a mile of the Watchtower Babylon Crap society! 131 of failed prophecy! Say no more!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Trouble is, it has been more than 135 years

That's why Witnesses, and many other radical Christian groups, focus on demeaning humanity, specifically the individual. They want their members to feel sheepish and completely unqualified to examine the world around them. In these groups everything concering God is "mysterious" or "unfathomable".

This "vegetable state" makes for very willing, and productive, disciples. When they are faced with a mental contradiction, which induces cognitive dissonance, they often focus on their supposed ignorance and say things like "Who am I to question the All Mighty's ways?" - Such a dangerous position to take because, historically, it can be used to justify anything.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit