so oompa got df'd this week...

by oompa 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It isn't compulsory for your family to behave badly just because some Elders do ..... especially if they don't agree with the decision and how it was made.

Tell them that if they don't want the stigma of associating with a DF then they better grab the Elders & CO by the scruff of their necks and call them out for every rule they broke.

Ask them to show you from the Bible where it says you should have to sit in the back row and talk to your shoes for a couple of years just so that they aren't required to behave like are souls?

Cheers

Chris

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heh, heh, Cadelin, I like the way you think!!!

"Actually, instead of sending the story to French and Russian governments--or maybe, in addition to--why not see if the Bulgarian gov't is interested in hearing about these "sanctions" to your (unconscious) acceptance of blood? ..."

Zid

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear this Oompa. But if the df'ing is overturned, you're going to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder. That is no way to live.

• oompa
    oompa

sphere....there is no chink in my wifes armor...she blames me for not meeting with them from the start of the inquisition....oompa

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

That's pretty messed up. As a former elder I know how the elders work and it sounds like they messed this one up.

One word: HIPPA

If it were me, and I know your wife already told them that you took blood - but I would still deny it. Then I would use the two witness rule to your advantage. I would send the CO and the service department a certified letter, denying that I took blood. I would CC the elders, but I would not direct my letter to them at all. I would also say that their whole botching of this process and trying to ruin your family life in the middle of your major health situation has truly turned you off - so you will not meeet with anyone. But that for the record, you are claiming that you did not take blood. Your wife was mixed up - and you vehemently deny that you took any blood. You hope they respect your right to privacy now and that if anyone tries to inquire of your medical care, they will be in violation of HIPPA laws and you will seek legal advice to personally obtain damages from every elder and the Watchtower society in general for violating your rights.

I can tell you right now this would have an effect - it would be unlikely they would go through with the DFing - at least not right away. Should buy you some time at least.

Best of luck.

• kimbo
    kimbo

I agree with just n from bethel

and [sad sick elders]

dont ride a motorcycle

where is the love

play by there rules [the game is survivor place watchtower island]

get well soon

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

If it was me, I would go public; I would write a letter to the editor, or ask for a news team to cover that you had been removed for something that happened to you while you were unconscious. At the very least, threaten to go public. What have you got to lose?

• Will Power
    Will Power

ooompa

sorry about what you are going thru and esp. the accident.

If it were me, I'd be going to the papers, magazines, goldhawk, and a lawyer with your story & the july awake mag. The one that says its not right for families to treat you any different for changing your religion i.e. beliefs. and that any religion that does must be false.!

let the public see how 2-faced they are with the df/diss policy especially when it comes to "we don't do anything if someone gets blood - it's their descision" blah blah blah

It's just plain RUDE.

EVEN if they've been just looking for an excuse to get rid of you SO WHAT! AGAIN thats not right! You wouldn't catch an "atheist" treating his fellow man this way.

NORMAL people need to hear stories like this, especially when it comes time to renew the old tax exemption status. grrr

Can't a guy just BE?

ok rant over

for now

• Will Power
    Will Power

pistoff - we were thinking the same thing! I agree

and WHAT do you have to lose?

another point is - you'd get people talking to you again just so that they can deny the shunning thing - cuz it's freeking embarrassing eh?

wp

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- So sorry to hear you suffered the unjust wrath of idiotic elders. Been there, done that myself. But the one thing to be thankful for is you are alive ! Sounds like you came so close to getting killed- you could smell it. I'm glad you are healing physically - healing from what unjust elders do to us- takes a lot longer. If the elders DID NOT give you a chance to appeal - you still have a right to an appeal hearing anyway. It's up to you what you do , I'm just sorry you have to go though this. Hell of a situation. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit