As an Ex-JW (or whatever you are) Tell Us Your Core Hope / Dream / Wish

by OnTheWayOut 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Bumping for the weekday crowd.

• jay88
    jay88

That we can just be. No elevating of ourselves through whatever means----education,gods,etc,.....

• undercover
    undercover

Well, darn OTWO... I'll just cut and paste one of yours...

I hope that I get my wife out of the JW's by all of the positive reinforcement I have given her to be an independent thinker. If not that way, I hope that she sees this for herself, not through personal tragedy, but maybe through the constant lack of true love or answers when others around her go through tragedy and letdowns. It would be absolutely wonderful if she woke up on her own by reading some WT article one day and simply saying, "WTF, OTWO may have something."

...because that's pretty much what I'm hoping for. You mentioned patience. That is very key. There are good times and bad times. There are times where I see the light at the end of the tunnel...then there are times when the indoctrination kicks in and she sees that evil person who feeds at the table of apostates and who lied about ever loving Jehovah. It's tough... but like you my wish is that one day she has that epiphany that we've all had and actually says, "OMG...he may have been right all along...and he went through all this so that I'd see it too..."

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

My wife is pregnant with our baby girl, it's our first child. My hope / wish is that i can be a great dad, unlike my father who was mentally and physically abusive. And that my daughter will have a normal upbringing, one that i didn't have.

I can't wait, Cheers!

• sabastious
    sabastious

Nice topic.

I was asked this question by the first person I ever told about my lack of belief in the Watchtower, and his answer will always stay with me.

I told him that I wanted to be a screenplay writer. The wonderful memories I have gotten watching my favorite shows and movies over the years have been a real treasure in my life. There are movies or shows out there that can change your life. The Star Trek movies and shows as well as the show LOST did that for me. They gave me things to contemplate; they brought up issues that I didn't think about very often and, of course, I was thoroughly entertained.

I am a good writer and I know that I will get even better. I told this Witness that that's what I wanted to do: to become a writer that changes the lives of some by means of profound inspiration.

You know what his reply what?

"What a fruitless existence."

I will never forget that response, because it pretty much sums up why I want to stay as far away from the Witnesses as possible.

-Sab

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Get married to my beautiful NON-JW fiancee -- the sooner the better -- hoping for May.

Get my JW mom to wake the hell up and see the truth about the Truth®. Short of that, rebuild our relationship based on non-JW interests.

Snakes (Rich )

• mamalove
    mamalove

Make sure that my kids come out of this exit unscathed and normal. Their happiness and success is huge in the scheme of things in doing the "exit."

Finish my degree

Hopefully come to some kind of happy medium with my JW sis and mom

Make a little more (or alot) of money (hey it never hurts, right?!)

Be content, happy, fulfilled in a loving relationship

Maybe have more children if the circumstances were right

• trevor
    trevor

As a young man from a poor family, I had many hopes and dreams. Fortunately they came true. It's a shame I fell out with my family over the JW cult but I have come to terms with that.

I just want to live a long life and continue to enjoy peace and contentment. If I sound smug that is not my intention. I am just saying that I am not pursuing any dream, just enjoying the ones that have already come true. I hope yours do too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit