As an Ex-JW (or whatever you are) Tell Us Your Core Hope / Dream / Wish

by OnTheWayOut 17 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What I ask is for some specifics. It helps to say it, type it, get it off your chest. Read mine and maybe you will have a good idea what I mean.

I hope that I get my wife out of the JW's by all of the positive reinforcement I have given her to be an independent thinker. If not that way, I hope that she sees this for herself, not through personal tragedy, but maybe through the constant lack of true love or answers when others around her go through tragedy and letdowns. It would be absolutely wonderful if she woke up on her own by reading some WT article one day and simply saying, "WTF, OTWO may have something."

I am patient about this. It would even be fine for this to take place over the next 15 to 20 years so that we can retire without this friggin' cult between us. If it came about sooner, then the two of us could use our vacations to visit with other ex-JW's who have helped me so much.

Secondarily, I hope the same for my mother. She's more deeply rooted and that hope is not as strong. Part of why it's not so strong is that my mother maintains contact with me, just keeping "spiritual" discussions off-limits. So, that would be good enough for me.

Thirdly, my wife's family and my former best friend: I hope that they either come around or at least that they don't negatively impact any progress my wife has made. I am not that interested in maintaining friends from JW's. Even my best friend that I lost to the cult, I hope to regain him but just wish him well and I can go on to make friends of ex-JW's and non-JW's.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Nice topic...

I too hope to get my beloved out of the cult. I hope that I can be honest with her and have her not freak out and run away, emotionally or litterally.

I hope, above all else, that my kids never truly by into "the truth"... I want them to be free mentally and emotionally from the cult. I want them to grow up looking back and saying "Dad let us live as normall a life as possible" I want my generation to be the last to work for the publishing company.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That's exactly what I am asking people to say, EE. A beautiful thought: I want my generation to be the last to work for the publishing company.

I hope your family wish spreads to other families.

• tec
    tec

I hope to hear the voice of my lord, and put my faith in what I hear. I hope the same for my children. Barring this, then I hope that we will be granted the faith to continue to follow in the steps of our lord, in love and in mercy.

I hope my children are not faltered by my failings.

Tammy

• chickpea
    chickpea

we were an in and out family of six

what i would want for my kids, who spent variable developmental phases
    in the cult (2 were molested), is that they truly "get on with it" and stop
    letting any eccentric phases of their growing up hinder them or become
    a handy excuse for not going after the things that truly matter in life...

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

To live happily and to die suddenly in my sleep.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

In the end, I'd want a family with kids who I can allow to enjoy their childhood, as kids should, unlike being trapped in an organization that doesn't value its children. I don't know, maybe I feel like I can make amends for the failure of a JW parent.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I hope that my wife opens her mind and allows me to explain why I can no longer believe in man-made doctrines. I miss being with her when she goes to the meetings and I know that we could spend that time in a much more enjoyable way. We also have a son who is married and they have 2 children. Him and his wife are unbaptized and I hope they stay that way until they too come to realize the futility of dedicating themselves to a publish empire. I want my grand children to live normal lives, without the fear of Armageddon, I want them to get an education and use their potential to the fullest. As far as my mother, sister or brother...the cult is all they talk about, it is their whole life...I wish them happiness and everlasting life in paradise.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Beautiful hopes by all. Keep hope alive.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Like MrFreeze said, I'd also like a happy family and kids, who can enjoy their childhood without any indoctrination.

Hopefully more family members leave the JW cult. Even though I've been successful in making them realize that the WT isn't what they claim to be, some still continue participating until they find another alternative religion.

And it would be great if at least 1 person, from those that I'll send in a letter before my DA; would wake up and leave the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit