It's so Cold, there can't be Global Warming

by bohm 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Iron Head, so it seem that the only thing you have to support your argument is your oppinion and piss poor antisocial attitude.

I gave an opinion. Post an argument to repudiate it. Dumbass

• villabolo
    villabolo

ProdigalSon:

'Warming is a solar-system-wide phenomenon. I personally believe CO2 is a big problem here on earth but all the planets are heating up."

No they are not. That is one of a hundred and one urban legends set against Global Warming. The article from Skeptical Science linked below addresses that notion. In brief though, the sun has been relatively cool since the 1970s and got cooler still in 2002 with reduced sunspot activity so what the Hades would be warming up the planets?

http://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-other-planets-solar-system.htm

It would be helpful if people actually read the arguments posted by Global Warming websites like http://skepticalscience.com/argument.php which includes 148 rebuttals to statements like the above.

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Iron Head: "I gave an opinion. Post an argument to repudiate it. Dumbass"

That's the problem with you Iron Head, you don't post any arguments or meaningful counter arguments, you just puke.

Villabolo

PS: I'm choking with laughter.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Winters are colder and summers are more cannicular. This is what can be seen in the temperate area. We are producing greenhouse gases, what the f...k would you expect to happend other than a greenhouse effect? Americans lose their hegemony if they lose their economic power. And their economic power runs on oil, gasoline and diesel. As long as they have cheap gas at the pumps, the american citizens will reject any grain of logic that points to global warming due to greenhouse effect. It's not stupidity. It's suicide.

Tanks and jets and carriers don't just walk into the Persian Gulf, bringing peace and democracy into countries like Irak and Afghanistan. They need fuel! They go there so that they may have their fuel-tanks full in the years to come...so they they can go and bring democracy and freedom to more opressed countries.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Iron Head:

You wrote this:

"Because people who make a blanket statement and then ask that others disprove it are dumbasses"

And then a few posts later, this:

"I gave an opinion. Post an argument to repudiate it. Dumbass"

By your own statements, you brand yourself a dumbass. Also, consider that there was no "blanket statement" made. I asked questions in light of the first post, since it set the tone for the thread. In the OP, there was a video that even sited more sources for the stand taken. You are just mouthing off. As a matter of strategy, if you are going to mouth off, at least try not to contradict yourself ... or call yourself a dumbass.

You have absolutely no idea how I form my opinions. You assume. Which makes you an ass and a second degree dumbass

Yes, I don't know how you form your opinions... does anyone? Do you even know how you form your opinions?

• bohm
    bohm

IronHead:

I gave an opinion. Post an argument to repudiate it. Dumbass

...like i said, nothing but oppinions and bad attitude.

i allready gave you a link to actual scientific data. which mean you are the guy who are short of actual evidence.

and like MMM noted, you are really calling yourself a moron (by your own standard).

• Maddie
    Maddie

I am sure someone must have already mentioned this, the fact that global warming has nothing to do with the weather but rather to do with the overall trend of the climate. The overall trend is an increase in average global temperatures over many years.

Maddie

• villabolo
    villabolo

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit