It's so Cold, there can't be Global Warming

by bohm 37 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Come to Australia, where we're experiencing heatwave conditions. 40C during the day, 27C at night.

Not to mention tropical cyclones, excessive rain resulting in devastating floods, etc.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lets keep it simple shall we?

With almost 7 billion people and millions and millions of cars, factories and what not, how many people think that we are NOT effecting our environment?

• bohm
    bohm

PSac, for years (and i must admit for no reason) i was under the impression that the amount of CO2 released by eg. vulcanic activity was far greater than that from human activity, when its actually about a factor 150 lower... its really quite startling that we have become so many we can change the planet.

• Mary
    Mary
    Come to Australia, where we're experiencing heatwave conditions. 40C during the day, 27C at night.

That sounds pretty damn good right about now BrokenPromises. It's been unseasonably cold here in Ontario since, well, last September. This winter has just been freezing cold with absolutely no breaks for us at all. Good news is that Wiarton Willy didn't see his shadow so that means a early Spring.

I put about as much faith in that as I do that Armageddon is nigh.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have news for you: The global warming scam is officially out of date, thanks to Climate Gate. Now, it's "climate change". And be looking for "global cooling" to be coming to a mainstream newspaper or TV program near you in the near future.

• bohm
    bohm

WTWizard: " And be looking for "global cooling" to be coming to a mainstream newspaper or TV program near you in the near future."

I prefer to get my scientific information form scientists rather than fox news. The current measurements show you are wrong:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

If you believe i am not correct, please give me a source that indicate the earth is cooling.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

With almost 7 billion people and millions and millions of cars, factories and what not, how many people think that we are NOT effecting our environment?

Unfortunately, the majority of Americans, it would seem. It's as if they think "I can't see CO2, so it couldn't possibly be affecting something as huge as the atmosphere/climate cycle". Yes, Americans are that stupid. Darwin award stupid.

for years (and i must admit for no reason) i was under the impression that the amount of CO2 released by eg. vulcanic activity was far greater than that from human activity, when its actually about a factor 150 lower...

You probably didn't come to that impression on your own. You were probably subtly influenced by liars.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I figured by the term "Global warming" meant that the weather was subject to extremes..like harsher winters and warmer summers..

And I will take snow over floods any day..warm or not! You can always walk on top of snow..

Snoozy

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I agree with PSac. Leave it to Fox to rip this winter out of the greater global context.

Does anyone on this board deny global warming? If so, on what basis? (other than Fox News)...

MeanMrMustard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit