It's so Cold, there can't be Global Warming

by bohm 37 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

WTWizard: "Now, it's "climate change"."

I keep hearing that idiotic falsehood from people on this board long after I and Besty have debunked it with indisputable references. Bottom line Wizard, you need an education in the subject matter before sounding off. I've repeated this so often that I have written it up in my Word documents for quick transfer. Read below and weep.

The change from Global Warming to Climate Change

As I've posted repeatedly on other threads, Global Warming and Climate Change have been used for decades but it was recently that a change occurred.

This change shows the psychopathic nature of conservative propagandists who are always accusing others of what they themselves are eternally guilty of.

You see, it was a Republican by the name of Frank Luntz who advised the Bush administration to change over from the term Global Warming to the phrase Climate Change. The reason was because he thought that GW was too alarming but CC was a milder, more watered down term.

Frank Luntz is identified in Wikipedia as a "wordsmith" who advises corporations on how to change their image by the judicious choice of words. He is known as having given the phrase "Orwellian" a positive spin, claiming that it refers to "clear thinking". You can see this word-monger (I prefer "mindf**ker") in action in the following videotape, bragging about his Machiavellian prowess in having changed Global Warming to Climate Change.

To no one's surprise, he is a common guest on Fox News.

Fortunately, this name change backfired on him since there is a valid reason for the phrase Climate Change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqMunulJU7w

Villabolo

• Iron Head
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

I live in the Arctic.

Last week, we had 4 days of melting. Then 2-3 days of -38 degrees.

This week, it's been melting all week.

Palm

• villabolo
    villabolo

Rusty Head:

"Because people who make a blanket statement and then ask that others disprove it are dumbasses"

"I will continue to call things as I see them. I do not consider "dumbass" an offensive term."

Iron Head, you contribute absolutely nothing to this discussion other than an imbecile's mockery.

Villabolo

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Damn it. Can't you people see the trend? The earth is only 4.6 billion years old. The time to act is NOW!!

Send us your money! Vote for us! Reliquish your power!

• bohm
    bohm

Iron Head, so it seem that the only thing you have to support your argument is your oppinion and piss poor antisocial attitude.

meanwhile the rest of us will rely on, you know, actual data.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Warming is a solar-system-wide phenomenon. I personally believe CO2 is a big problem here on earth but all the planets are heating up.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Palmtree67:

I live in the Arctic.

Last week, we had 4 days of melting. Then 2-3 days of -38 degrees.

This week, it's been melting all week.

And the Arctic is going to keep melting. It's predicted that it will be ice free in the summer; a few days at first and then weeks and months as the years progress; between 2010 and 2020. Originally the IPCC, notorious for gross underestimates, predicted the year 2100. By the looks of things it will probably be 2020 with a possibility that this type of Arctic phenomenom (Not previously taken into account in the calculations.) will accelerate meltdown even quicker.

As more and more of the Arctic Ocean is exposed by the melting ice the weather is going to be altered even more than what we're seeing now. This will damage crops throughout the Northern Hemisphere. Canada already has suffered extensive damage to its crops due to heaving rains (The warmer the oceans get the more they evaporate turning into more precipitation.).

Villabolo

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Iron Head, you contribute absolutely nothing to this discussion other than an imbecile's mockery.

Says you, Baloo. Choke on my ability to post on this forum

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

From another forum that I am on haveing the very same disscusion ( weird how that works):

Of course the envirnonment is effected by us and we need to look after the environment using common sense and responsible behavior, so as to not damage it and hence affect our own quality, as well as that of other living creatures. That is the truth of the matter.

No need to go further.
    I don't give a rat's ass in a hurricane about climate change, global warming or the yearly amount of Yak manure in the Andes, I don't give a flying **** about what MAY be or COULD be or is POSSIBLE, I care about what we are doing NOW and how to fix it, NOW.

The problem is that, whether we care to admit it or not, without the "global warming" scare NO ONE would have done anything, probably.

While I detest "ends justifies the means" approaches it seems that this time they worked, for a bit anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit