It's so Cold, there can't be Global Warming

by bohm 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Head
  • Iron Head
    Iron Head

Does anyone on this board deny global warming? If so, on what basis?

I do. You don't? On what basis?

Prove your claim before you ask anyone to disprove it. Dumbass

• bohm
    bohm

Iron Head:

I do. You don't? On what basis?

Prove your claim before you ask anyone to disprove it. Dumbass

fine! someone who is willing to have an evidence-based discussion.

here is your data that will back up the claim the global temperature is increasing: http://www.ipcc-data.org/obs/index.html

now where is your data?

or perhaps you dont need no stinkin' data to back up your claims while you happily demand that from other.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@ IronHead

bohm provided some. Or perhaps you can just watch the video that was posted right at the beginning of the thread. Of course, that might be a little too obvious ...

So why the "Dumbass" remark? Did I not bow to Fox News the way you do?

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

or perhaps you dont need no stinkin' data to back up your claims while you happily demand that from other.

Read your thread. I stated my opinion. I never "demanded" anything. My comment was specifically directed towards MeanMrMustard

I recommend a little less caffine, bohmmer boy. Dumbass

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

So why the "Dumbass" remark?

Because people who make a blanket statement and then ask that others disprove it are dumbasses

Did I not bow to Fox News the way you do?

You have absolutely no idea how I form my opinions. You assume. Which makes you an ass and a second degree dumbass

• villabolo
    villabolo

Mary: "It's been unseasonably cold here in Ontario since..."

"I put about as much faith in that as I do that Armageddon is nigh."

This temperature anomaly image was for December. Take a good look at East Canada and see, according to the temperature bar, that it is mostly 11.1 degrees Centigrade (20 Fahrenheit) above average. It is the extremely warm weather in the whole Arctic region that is pushing the frigid polar air southwards. In other words, there is no cooling off of the Earth but a transfer of heat and cold. Look at the map above, focusing on the polar regions and those areas immediately south to it, and then think of it as a flip flop of temperatures.

The reason the Arctic has been much warmer in the first place is because Global Warming has been shrinking the ice cap for the past 30 years exposing ocean water that's never been exposed before. It then soaks up extra heat from the sun during the summer (Dark blue water absorbs sunlight; ice reflects it). The ocean then fails to freeze completely during the winter and it releases heat during the winter. Therefore, the effect you're seeing.

People are so egocentric that they think what's happening in their back yard is happening everywhere. Sorry people but you live on planet Earth, not a territorial abstraction called "Ontario"; the United States; etc.

Villabolo

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The same lack of impulse control, leading to abusive language toward other posters, that led to banning previously...........rears its ugly (iron)head.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Thanks for the Greenman video, Bohm. The Climate Denial Crock of the Week series on YouTube is excellent in debunking anti Global Warming arguments on a basic level with just enough humor thrown in to spice it up.

Villabolo

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

The same lack of impulse control, leading to abusive language toward other posters, that led to banning previously...........rears its ugly (iron)head.

I will continue to call things as I see them. I do not consider "dumbass" an offensive term.

If you do Buzzy, alert the Moderators and do your best to have me expelled

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit