"Field Service Groups" are more important now than ever before?

by easyreader1970 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And why shouldn't they be since the WTS. financial funds are accumulated by the direct donations

given for these pieces of literature. There were always numerous announcements made with

variations by people who were displaying "Zealousness".

Showing zeal and enthusiasm for the work showed your spiritual strength outwardly to others, a sort

of propping up one's stature in the congregation.

The leaders of this organization were saying the exact same thing some 60, 70 years ago.

If the WTS. is still around 100 years from now they will be saying the same kind of things.

• dogon
    dogon

But they dont help when you lose your mind because of the shit they put you through as a dubber.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thats an unfortunate fact dogon

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It sounds like a veiled threat to get the publishers in that group off their asses and out in the field.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I think field service is a waste of time, when everything is available on their website

I have had the same January WT & Awake mags placed in my door twice last month,

those mags are online long before they waste gas to deliver them. When the WTS

put up a website with the exact info they pass out in field service, thats the same thing

as the message going house to house. You can even request a Bible study on that site

why make the sheep jump through unnessary hoops and hardships

And just in case some apologist say they are commanded to go house to house in the bible

JW's already use telephone witnessing, show me where Jesus or the apostles used phones

so stop wasting time and use the quickest means to get the message out and give the sheep

a break

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Post 21 of 24
    Since 12/22/2010

This post and comments have given me some good belly laughs which was good for me todayl. Thanks.

(Hey someone looks similar to me,---Congrats)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ah yes...

pretty sure they trotted that one out when i was much younger...

if you cant get to go willingly, scare the living shit out of them!

oz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is ridiculous. How in hell are you supposed to draw closer to your "field circus group"? First, they no longer have the book study, so you no longer have a boasting session in common. This also means no more goodie night, and they strongly discourage people from recreation that involves getting together. About all that's left is working in field circus with your group.

I wonder how many people have really gotten close to each other by just working in field circus together. Most times, when they tried, I only found them petty in demanding precisely choreographed movements, picking on every little detail of how I walked and held my field circus bag. (And keeping me out long after I wanted to go in.) With nothing else to do, I can't see how these groups are going to support each other. For sure, they are not going to be supporting each other during the "great tribulation" if they are only interested in imposing their conscience on you in every possible way.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Where do fieldservice groups meet? I remember when we all met at the hall when the CO visited that each group would go to respective corners of the hall to figure out car groups? Also, I am a little confused, do they not discuss the text? Is their a prayer? If small groups are so important, why did they do away with the bookstudy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit