"Field Service Groups" are more important now than ever before?

by easyreader1970 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The scare bells are ringing again in the congregations. Well, at least the one I am in. This past week, the Field Service Group leader/commander/overlord/whatever made a pretty lengthy announcement that, going forward, the field service groups are going to be of the utmost importance as we wind down towards the end here. While no indication on when this end might actually be, it was hinted that we might not always have access to the congregation proper and that the few families that are part of the FSG would have to become close knit that they might depend on one another when things get ugly.

I haven't read everything that has passed through the WBTS' sphincter lately, but did I miss something? Or did the elder's receive some special propaganda for the followers over the last month or two?

It could also be that this elder was just talking out of his butt.

• sir82
    sir82

Talkin' out of his butt.

Sounds like he wants to sound important.

Maybe the 19 year old assistant manager who oversees him at his job at Walmart gave him a hard time that week.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They used to say the same thing about the book study...look what happened to that.

Hopefully the same is in store for FS, but I doubt it.

Anyway, it really makes no sense. What percentage is out for a particular group any given Saturday. Probably anywhere from 25% to 50% if its a nice day at the end of the month (when pubs feel guilty because they need bigger numbers in their excel spreadsheet for Jehovah). How is a conductor going to be an effective leader when the majority of his troops are not even there?

And exactly what info is being given out at the meeting for FS these days? No daily text, sounds like it is just a place to make car groups and get out there (again get your "time started" so your excel sheet looks good for the conductor) They may as well meet in the Starbucks parking lot and kill two birds with one stone.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sounds like an isolated incident. This forum will get more posts if it is a policy change.

-Sab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It stands to reason since the Book Study arrangement was the key to theocratic direction as the end drew near that this has now been moved over to the Service Group arrangement.

• whathappened
    whathappened

This post and comments have given me some good belly laughs which was good for me todayl. Thanks.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Field Service Group attendance is lower than the Book Study attendance was, must be the final sifting between true Witnesses and posers as the end is now reaching is climax very very soon.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

So if the groups are to be tight knit at the end why did they get rid of the Book Study Group? I thought that at the time of the end the possibility of not being able to use the hall was high which was why we had them.

It sounds like apathy has set in at his group. Either that or he is bigging up his pathetic little job as Field Service Conductor.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They used to say the same thing about the book study...look what happened to that.

I remember that. They used to go on and on about how the BS was so important, and that under bans and the 'great tribulation' it would be our only lifeline to 'gods organization'.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats the Same Crap the WBT$ peddled about Book Studys in Private Homes..

Book Studys were so Important..The WBT$ cancelled them..

The WBT$ can make up anything they want..JW`s will eat it up..

The

WBT$ wants YOU to ..

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit