"Field Service Groups" are more important now than ever before?

by easyreader1970 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

VERY GOOD OUTLAW!

• paladin
    paladin

I never attend the FSG and the elders don't bother me about it. If they do ask why I refuse to attend, I might mention I'm suffering from depression and I'm not interested.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I know the Book Study ended in the homes. Do they just meet at the KH now, as a 'whole group' for Field Service? And then break up into their assigned groups? It seems if they meet for service as a group, they wouldn't want to have to work with just their 'assigned' group. I know they don't do "the text" anymore (usually?) I suppose they say a prayer?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Gayle ... in my congregation, the Service Group meets at the same house we met at for Book Study, I believe this is the norm. Book Study Overseer is now the Service Group Overseer, no Book Study, just service.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Talkin' out of his butt.
    Sounds like he wants to sound important.
    Maybe the 19 year old assistant manager who oversees him at his job at Walmart gave him a hard time that week.

Now, that there is some funny stuff!

It's got me laughing so hard that my boss came to his door to see what's happening.

Syl

• sd-7
    sd-7

I used to hear this stuff back when I was probably a pre-teen, about the Book Study groups, and I'm 28 now. It's just what we call an "infinite loop". You're just hearing it again because you reached that part of the program. You'll hear it again. It's part of the persecution complex.

Of course, if they do actually start persecuting people around here, that would suck. They'd probably try to beat information out of me, use my wife as a bargaining chip to get me to talk.

Oh, sorry--that was my judicial committee...

--sd-7

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I haven't read everything that has passed through the WBTS' sphincter lately

ROFL 9

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

I agree. It is the same bs I have heard all of my life. In the 60s they changed the name of the book study group to the rendevous and said that it was like your own little congregation so that when persecution came you would be closer. What bull s. Like sd-7 says it is an infinate loop and goes around and around with the dangeling carrot. The sky is falling the sky is falling! I for one am sick of it and will make a change asap. stuck in

• dogon
    dogon

Same old bull shit. Back in the 75 scare and when Communism fell in the 90s they preaced that there would be a time when the elders would have to step in and act on behalf of the GB when communication would be down. People who have invested their life on the lies have look to more of this propaganda with eyes like saucers. They are like the idiots who listed to bagdad bob saying there were not American tanks when CNN had them on camera two blocks away. We need to coin a new word Watchtower bob.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Yeah they used to say that about the book study groups, that we all might have to share a house together if others lose their homes/jobs due to persecution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit