How is everybody dealing with the snow

by d 31 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Hi everybody, I was wondering how were you dealing with the snow.Here in Connecticut the snow is brutal.So I was wondering how people were surviving was is being the worst winter since 1978.

• Simon
    Simon

It's been pretty cold up here in Calgary (-32 today) but not a huge amount of snow. A few days ago we got back up to +10 and most of it melted then it all came back overnight.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Here in Long Island, New York, we broke the record for most snow in the month of January. There's more on the way for this week....

I've pretty much decided that this is my last winter in New York. If I could, I'd move to Saint Lucia, but I'll have to settle for Fort Lauderdale. That's where everybody who was born in Brooklyn seems to be ending up.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's all good -- Snow is like sex.....

....you never know when it's gonna come, or how much you're gonna get.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We are standing by in Illinois, ready to get walloped starting on Tuesday

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Also standing by in Illinois for 'snowmageddeon ' (local DJ's name for the impending storm ) . This evening we will be in blizzard conditions expecting 18 or more inches of snow and 40 mph winds .

My dispatcher just called ,and we are taking kids home early from school at 12:30 today . My husband said they are considering shutting down the factory he works at on Wednesday and making up work on Saturday .

Right now it is light snow and very windy ..

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The next few days will be interesting, here. We're expecting anywhere from 10 to 20 inches.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm glad I'm not in it (but my kids sure miss those snow days and school delays) and I hope all my friends back east are OK.

• tec
    tec

Not very often someone in Canada looks down the map and thinks, 'crazy weather they're having!'

Ours is flipflopping. We had 30cm of snow in two days, then it got deep cold, then warm and started melting, now its cold again, and we're supposed to be warm again by tomorrow and another big dump of snow this weekend.

Tammy

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

We were supposed to get smashed last night, but it appears to have been a dud. Now I'm hearing its coming tonight. Can you say cancelled meeting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit